Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Tag Search, et. al.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ChrisBoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, so, I'm posting it in a couple places

Now that I have purchased Virtual DJ 3 and got all the updates for windows in order for it to work, I tried loading my songs into the search database. Again, when I search, it only searches on file name. Tag and rename is not an option because I have several different versions of songs and the way I know which is which is by the file name, besides, I agree with a previous post, it's silly not to be able to search on tag information. Virtual DJ as a player is great, but the databasing leaves A LOT to be desired. I'd love to reccomend it to other DJ's I know, but until the Databasing is fixed, I'm forced to continue to use Final Scratch (and reccomending it to my friends). The short version of the wishlist:

1.) Search ALL tag fields (a nice bonus would be to be able to choose the field and/or qualify with something like "contains, begins with, ends with - but I don't want to push my luck)
2.) Allow me to recurse directories and/or search subdirectories for song files, not just search an entire drive.
3.) Do not assume that just because I'm trying to delete something, I want to delete it from my hard drive (especially in the database). I usually just want to delete a group of songs from the database so that I can re-scan it.

Any suggestions?
Chris

Posté Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 6:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)