Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Making A Promo Mix?!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I need to make a promo mix this week.
All tips are welcome!!!

I'm worried about the playlist: should you build up to 1 climax or multiple????

If you got some tips, please post them.

GnoedeL

Posté Tue 26 Aug 03 @ 10:15 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Do as you feel like. And enjoy doing it.
What I like to do is do a "life" mix. Here is what I’m talking about:
First you are an innocent child - peaceful, but full of energy. Then you go into puberty, hormones rush thru your blood. You get rowdy. You still have that same energy but you are using it in new wonderful ways. ;) Then you start to slow down a bit. The energy is still there, but it’s a bit dimmer. And you don’t use it as much cause you realized that it has to last you a life time. Now you realize some things about life. You use the energy in totally different ways than you use to. You slow down a bit. Finally you realize there is not much life left and you go to one last adventure. After that you calm down. Live what you’ve got to live. You die happily and relatively peacefully but at that moment you release all the energy you still have left.

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 9:00 am
I usually do my mixes like rollercoasters I have ridden in my life. I figure people enjoy them, and they are designed with thought of build up and slow down much like DJing. So I ride them and study them. Different coasters for different crowds.
Not sure if this is really helpfull, just thought I would share it with you as nscode revealed his method to madness. lol!

Regards;

Redman247.

(I believe this is post 1000 in this forum!)

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 9:04 am
You guys are crazy! LoL

Usely I Record my mix Live: on the spot compiling tracks and mixing them. But now I have this pressure to do everything right and to select the right tracks on the right moment. Stressful!

Anyway, thx for your tips!! I'll try to combine the "life" theory along with the "rollercoaster" theory. (what a combination!!)

GnoedeL

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 2:55 pm
Tell us how it goes! And much luck to your Promo!

Posté Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 3:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)