Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Video Clip Editor

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It would be nice to have a simple video clip editor within VDJ. It would be great if it worked like this:

Load your clip onto Deck 1 or Deck 2. Play/Cue the clip to the spot where you want to make an edit. Right clicking on the video preview screen would give you a pop up to select "Mark In", "Mark Out" or "Split Clip", and a "Save Edited Clip As" function. With the key board short cut keys being...I=Mark In, O=Mark Out, S=Clip Split, and Ctrl S=Save As.

Posté Fri 20 May 11 @ 12:08 pm
but I assume you want the audio track to stay "as is" ?

Posté Fri 20 May 11 @ 2:44 pm
No, the audio would be edited as well.

Posté Mon 23 May 11 @ 9:58 am
Wouldnt it make more sense to do that editing in an actual video editing program?
What advantage would you get over using VDJ, VerSus doing this in a Video Editor and save it as a different file?

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 10:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 11:11 am
My thinking is you already have the video open in VDJ. You can use the play/pause, jog/scratch dial, to cue an edit location, being able to make that edit within VDJ would save some time. I'm not talking about the kind of edits where you have to re-render the file. It's more like a mini play list within a file. How many times have you seen videos with long non-musical intros/outros. If you are manually playing those songs you can easily cue past or mix out of those skits, but if you have those tracks loaded for auto play you pretty much got no choice.

The Jennifer Hudson video "Spotlight" comes to mind. Its got a lot of talking at the beginning and some talking at the end. All I wanna do is trim the intro and outro and add it to my playlist.

Sure I could use editing software. Personaly I prefer Pinnacle Studio but if I can do a simple mark in/mark out in VDJ it saves time and the video is not degraded by re-rending.

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 3:47 pm
You can do this with the "CuesEvents" plugin. You set a cue point where you want to jump to in the track. It was made for VDJ 3 I think but it still has some function. I'm on phone but ill post a link when I get to a comp.

Huey

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 4:07 pm
Dare2Differ wrote :
My thinking is you already have the video open in VDJ. You can use the play/pause, jog/scratch dial, to cue an edit location, being able to make that edit within VDJ would save some time. I'm not talking about the kind of edits where you have to re-render the file. .

ok . that makes sense..
and falls in with the other idea of being able to link a video clip or picture in with a cue point..

What we need is some sort of added scripting verbs that work on cue points.

IE (A) : a person could set two cue points.. say cue3 & cue4.. and when VDJ comes across that cue3 it reads a command that makes the song automatically jump to cue4 (GoTO "cue4")

IE (B) : a person could set another cue point that loads either video clip or picture IE cue 5: load "c:\documents\file.mpg"

.. soo.. using cue points and some simple commands we could have a pretty powerful editor/linker

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 6:13 pm
@Hippy

you can do scenario A with cues events check the link above your post, it starts from the end of the first page

Posté Tue 24 May 11 @ 11:01 pm
synthet1c wrote :
@Hippy

you can do scenario A with cues events check the link above your post, it starts from the end of the first page

well one :-) I dont need to do scenario A myself, but would love scenario B , and thats why I think this is a good idea that should be brought up to the developers in the future :-)
and two, that thread also mentioned the "cues events" was built for the old version, and is a plug-in.. i'm thinking complete integration with VDJ version 8 would be much nicer ;-) (and less chance of 'errors' and compatibility problems)
(in my opinion)

Posté Wed 25 May 11 @ 10:35 am
I agree Hippy and have sent Djcel a message asking if he could update the plugin but it does work fine for simple things like goto_cue x and loops, have got it to work with video effects too but be leary of that, lol! Just throwing it out there as a work around for now is all ;-)

Huey

Posté Wed 25 May 11 @ 11:39 am
If cel updates it to react to vdjscript I don't see scenario b being a problem, you would just use load and play for a different deck then have video override so that is what you see for a video, or have it activate clipbank for a slideshow

Posté Wed 25 May 11 @ 12:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)