Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Multiple advanced audio configurations

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I frequently use the same laptop (MacBook Air) on different controllers. I myself have a NI Traktor 10 on my streaming/recording setup, I have a NI Audio8 DJ for live gigs and travel and sometimes I need to connect to other interfaces hardwired into a venue's booth. Each time I get an error message about my advanced audio config and have to reassign all inputs/outputs manually.

The most preferred feature would be that VDJ would remember the config(s) for each given hardware. So it would see it's connected to an Audio8 DJ and then choose the configuration I had on that hardware last time I used it, allowing to switch to other named configurations using this hardware through a drop down menu.

A lighter version of this would be to simply have a list of configurations to choose from without the hardware detection, so I could still quick switch between configurations like "Home", "Mobile", "Venue A", etc.

Posté Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 7:42 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is a utility for this on the download section.

Posté Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 8:08 pm
Yes, but unfortunately it's for Windows and I don't touch that OS.

Posté Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 8:25 pm
I may do a Mac version at some point.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 5:48 am
It's, IMHO, really something that should be in VDJ, so it's mostly automatic.

With an external tool one has to remember to switch before starting VDJ. I know I'd keep forgetting :)

Of course, better a tool than nothing at all, so thanks for making it and I hope there is a Mac version soon.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 6:11 am
You can always do what I do and use it as the launch shortcut.

There are issues surrounding loading configurations with hardware:

* Hotplugging - do you really want the config to change whilst VDJ is running?
* Multiple hardware - I personally use different hardware depending upon where I am and what I'm doing and that complicates things.

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying it sometimes requires a bit more though than people realise :)

Posté Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 6:04 pm
Well, this is how I envision the feature:

When VDJ starts, check which already known and configured hardware is installed. Choose a known configuration based on the following decision tree:

If the hardware used by the last used configuration is present, use the last used configuration, else
if the hardware for any known configuration is present, then
if there is more than one configuration possible, display a list to choose from, else
use the usable configuration
else display a message that no known configuration has been loaded

Once VDJ is running, if a hotplug event occurs:

if it is a remove event
check if any known configuration is possible with the remaining hardware. If yes
use it
else
deconfigure the removed hardware and stop playing.
else it's an insertion event, so
if we are already using a supportable hardware
do nothing
else
check if the insertion has created the ability for a known configuration to be loaded. If yes
load it, by the same flow as above
else
do nothing

That should fix it right up.

Posté Mon 13 Jun 11 @ 6:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)