Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet VDJ to Interface with Stantons Final Scratch

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can you imagine VDJ interfacing with Stantons final scratch... Might be a dream but you never know....

For Those of you who dont know what final scratch is check out the website...
http://www.finalscratch.com/fs4/start.asp

Posté Sat 30 Aug 03 @ 4:28 am
I dont think that could be done, while Finalscratch has already made a deal with traktor :-( Another possibility is the D-vinyl interface from Soundgraph (www.soundgraph.com). The software they have, could not even be compared with VDJ.
I already have some contacts with a few developers at soundgraph, so maybe an Atomix team member could send me an e-mail, about their opinion about the link. I probably could send them back the mail adresses from the guys at soundgraph.
If this combination of tools (VDJ & D-Vinyl hardware) could be achieved this combination will be light years in front of Finalscratch and the future Digiscratch from BPM Studio.

Regards Ewout

Posté Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 1:16 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice ideas!

Posté Sun 31 Aug 03 @ 2:23 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please check out the products page to see what controller we have coming out in late september.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 03 @ 5:26 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
I think we've already been in contact with stanton about a possible virtualdj-finalscratch compatibility, but unfortunately couldn't find a suitable agreement.

However, we can still consider any new incoming proposition of a partnership for an external hardware compatibility.

We believe that users deserve to have the wider choice possible, so the more hardwares they can choose amongst, the best.

Posté Mon 01 Sep 03 @ 3:32 pm
DJ Homeboy, I agree with you that the forthcoming controller of VDJ is a good choice, but I prefer a 19" remote while I'm planning to buy 2 tabletop cd players. With a 19" remote available I could set the controller above my mixer and the both cd-players on both sides.

I have spoken the guys at soundgraph and the seem to be very interested in cooperation with VDJ. Could somebody from the internal team send me an e-mail, so I could send all the information I've got back to you. I don't think it's a good idea to post all this information in this forum.
Ewout

Posté Mon 01 Sep 03 @ 10:08 pm
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Glad this seems to have inspired some of you... Lets hope we end up with the goods!

Posté Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 1:48 am
This is already possible!

If Virtual DJ would add true midi support for all functions (like scratch, bend, etc.) then this device would work

http://www.cratertechnology.com/webzine/scratchtv.htm

Unfortunatley, I have heard that VDJ does not fully work with DM2 jog wheels, so I can't see how it would work with ScratchTV

They just need to add some more MIDI shortcuts to the next release.

WirelessDJ

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 2:18 pm
Wireless:
it looks nice, but in other post you are begging for a 19" remote. Soundgraph has this one. I tested this unit in a store and the buttons feel ok to me. I also tested with 2 sl1200s attached and the latency is so little that you hardly notice it.
When this device could be attached to VDJ you have the best software with a 19" remote.
You even have the ability to control your mp3s with your favourite turntables/ CD decks. Seems to be the best possible set up to me.
If you or others have an opinion also, please post it also in here.
Ewout

Posté Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 8:53 pm
Divinyl 2020 doesn't compare to VirtualDJ. I know the US beta tester and saw it in person (hands on!).

The hardware is nice, buT I do NOT like their software
Read the review
http://www.axledentaldj.com/d-vinylreview.html

1. S/W Toggle button/option for Displaying ID3 Tag info when ever you want. You can only do this during a track search.
2. No ISO, Flange, or Master Tempo/key control in the s/w.
3. No button combination to allow loading of a new playlist while both decks are playing a song.
4. No option to expand a playlists track past 99 tracks per playlist. -- THAT MEANS ONLY 99 TRACKS CAN BE SHOWN IN THE RECORD CASE!!!
5. No mouse support in the s/w GUI or the ability to arrange the GUIs layout.
6. No scrolling of ID3 tag info in the s/w.
7. No option to select where you can save the wave file when you record through the D-Vinyl2020 H/W with your mixes.

are you suggesting that VirtualDJ partner with Dinvinyl? that is a good idea but ditch the Divinyl 2020 software

This is a my mobile DJ layout...

1 rack bag
1 laptop
2 speakers
1 amp (not shown)

http://www.axledentaldj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128

it shows PCDJ but I also run Virtual DJ on this system. NOW THAT SOMEONE POSTED HOW TO LOAD TRACKS WITH THE CONTROLLER, I CAN USE IT PROFESSIONALLY. I will never go back to DJ'ing with a mouse!

WirelessDJ

Posté Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 12:20 am
Wireless,
I agree with you that VDJ is much better than the D-Vinyl software. But I also mentioned that in another message in this thread.
What I proposed is a combination of the VDJ software and the D-Vinyl hardware. Just like you are using the Dac 2 controller with VDJ.
The advantage of the D-Vinyl hardware, in comparison with the Dac 2, is that you are able to attach your turntables or cd players to control your music. And if you have a small party you can leave these players at home and just use the 19" remote!
I also like the build in soundcards in the D-Vinyl hardware. Because I use a laptop and I hate lots of additional stuff like external soundcards (in most cases with an additional powersupply).
Ewout

Posté Sat 13 Sep 03 @ 10:07 pm
It's a pity that I could not read all the reponses, because they are posted on a level I can't see.....

Posté Mon 15 Sep 03 @ 10:19 pm
all the replies are visible to you!

Posté Mon 15 Sep 03 @ 10:48 pm
DJ Walkers,
thanks for the reply. I was thinking that I doesn't see all the posts, because the overview sais 15 posts. When I count the posts I come to 13. Do you know what's wrong or should I go to school again?

Posté Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 8:39 pm
I must be missing posts too then lol must be at a level i cant read :P

Posté Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 9:06 pm
No, it wasn't that. A user (cough) may have mentioned something that wasn't ready to go public yet (cough). So It magically (cough) 'vanished'. Sorry for the coughing, I have a cold (cough). I don't know who that person was or what it was about (cough) but let's move on to another topic (cough), shall we?

WirelessDJ@comcast.net

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 1:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)