Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet better auto gain

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello ,

The gain can be set on off ( gain like track ) auto-remember ( auto 0 db or if you set the gain different ) and remember ( like you set it the last time )

For a better sound there must be a ''gain copy from the other deck'' so you can pitch up the gain and the hole evening the volume is the same.

Gr Marco

Posté Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 12:24 pm
+1

Posté Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 4:54 am
I'm pretty sure that is why you have the master, you should just let vdj set the gain and leave it

Posté Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 6:12 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I agree it needs to be better, but I believe it just needs a wider range. When going from standard audio tracks to music videos, videos are often allot lower in volume. Auto gain will just peg the gain sometimes and it will still be lower than the other deck.

+1

Posté Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 10:59 am
+ 1

Posté Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 5:20 pm
+1

Posté Tue 30 Aug 11 @ 8:07 pm
+1

Posté Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 2:35 am
+1

Posté Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:16 am
Don't know why you'd need to do that. All it needs is the ability to change the normalization value from 0dB to something else, like -3dB or -6dB. That's what Serato, Traktor, and Torq 2 all let you do. Simple solution that allows mild summation volume increases and EQ without having to touch the master volume to prevent 0dBFS. VDJ's gain remembering system for manual use is already quite sophisticated. I assume VDJ 8 will be adding an optional master compressor, but unless you want it crushing the dynamics constantly, something lower than zero as the default is needed.

Posté Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 7:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is an old topic now with the new Headroom and Limiter options that were added in version 7.3.

Topic Closed

Posté Wed 26 Dec 12 @ 8:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)