Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet DJ Booking Agreement (Contract)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Though I would post this up and place it on my home page for others to use / get ideas from.

Hope this comes in handy for some of you, as it is always good to have something in writing when taking a booking. The layout has not come out the best on here, but you should get the idea.

BOOKING AGREEMENT

This is an agreement made on the (dd/mm/yyyy) ______ / ______ / ______ between_________________________ of ______________________________________________________________ , hereinafter called the “management”, and __________________________ of _____________________________________, hereinafter called the “DJ”, under which the management engages the DJ, and the DJ accepts the engagement to appear at the venue, for the fee(s), and on the date(s) shown within this agreement, subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement.

SCHEDULE

Venue Location:

Occasion:

Approximate number of guests:

Date Of Appearance:

Arrive by:

Set Up By:

Performance Times:

Fee: £

Equipment Hire: £

Travel expenses: £

Should the management wish to extend the performance times, or arrange an earlier set up, an additional fee of £ per hour or part hour shall be payable.

Advance payment received: (dd/mm/yyyy) ______ / ______ / ______ £

TOTAL DUE ON : (dd/mm/yyyy) ______ / ______ / ______ £

The management must ensure that the venue can supply 2 serviceable and safe 13A mains supplies in the performance area, and a sturdy table / tables or DJ booth with enough space required for turntable, laptop and or CD equipment, plus free soft drinks.

Music policy: Funky House, House, Club Classics, Trance, D&B, Dub step, Chart circa 1980-2011 reasonable requests from guests falling within these genres may be played at the discretion of the DJ subject to availability.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

a. Financial settlement to take place by cash at the end of the performance(s), or no later than seven working days prior to the performance(s). If additional performance time is required, this will be at the discretion of the DJ at that time, and subject to additional fees as shown above. These must be paid to the DJ at that time. All other methods of payment will be by mutual agreement.

b. This contract reflects the verbal agreement, and shall include any terms and conditions agreed prior to its issue, and shall be deemed accepted unless a written objection is received within fourteen working days of the issuing date. Either the Management or the DJ may make no alterations to this contract, without prior approval by the Management or the DJ.

c. In the event of the Management wishing to cancel this contract for any reason other than National Disaster / Act of Nature, any advance payment made will be forfeited, or a cancellation fee of not less than one half of the agreed total fee will be applied for. If the cancellation is within seven days of the performance the whole of the agreed total fee will be applied for. All cancellations must be made in writing.

d. In the unlikely event of the DJ having to cancel the contract due to injury illness, a medical certificate signed by a medical practitioner will be obtained and copies will be forwarded on demand to the Management within ten working days. In the event of the client seeking compensation, the DJ will only be liable for a sum up to and not exceeding the contracted Fee amount. Best endeavours will be made by the DJ to find a suitable or similar DJ to substitute.

e. In the unlikely event of the DJ being unable to appear for any other reason, the DJ reserves the right to substitute a suitable or similar DJ. The management will be notified in writing of any such replacement.
The Management will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling, and removal of equipment (normally one hour for full rig set-up and sound test / 40 minutes take down).

f. The DJ will not, under any circumstances, cut corners regarding the health and safety procedures inherent in this process. The Management also must ensure that safe and adequate power is available as per the schedule above.

g. The DJ and his assistants and/or guests will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout their attendance at the venue, and will respond to the managements reasonable requests as to location of equipment and volume.

h. The DJ shall be in no way liable for breach of bye-laws, or conditions under which the venue is leased, hired or entrusted to the management. The management also ensures that all appropriate licenses, as required by law, are in force at the time of the performance(s).

i. The management will provide adequate security and supervision of its guests, customers and staff at the venue, and will be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of earnings and hire fees) to the DJs equipment vehicles or personal belongings caused by guests, customers and staff. The DJ is expected to perform in a safe, non-abusive and non-hostile environment. Any mistreatment or abuse of the DJ or anyone accompanying the DJ, in any way will result in the immediate discontinuing of services with full balance still due.

j. The DJ and the management offers assurance that no previous contract exists that may prevent the DJ from fulfilling the performance(s) referred to in this contract and subsequently, no such contract will be entered into from the date of signing.

k. The DJ, at his discretion, reserves the right to discontinue all or part of equipment usage if the power provided is not capable of operating the equipment without risk of damage to the DJs equipment, or there exists a risk of injury to the public, the DJ or anyone accompanying the DJ, or if the working environment constitutes a health and safety risk. The surface on which DJ is to perform cannot be dirt, gravel, grass, or any other unstable surface. If applicable, the management agrees to furnish a facility that completely covers the DJs equipment from direct sunlight and rain or other contaminants. If service must be discontinued for any of the aforementioned reasons, the full balance is still due.

l. A management representative aged 25 or over must sign this contract, otherwise the contract will be deemed to be void.

We the undersigned acknowledge that we have read and understood the above agreement, and ensure that it will be adhered to in detail.

Signed by the DJ

Signature __________________________________

Name __________________________________

Date (dd/mm/yyyy) ______ / ______ / ______

Signed by the Management

Signature __________________________________

Name __________________________________

Date (dd/mm/yyyy) ______ / ______ / ______

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 3:51 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
As I often point out. Legal advise on these forums is not a good idea. This is an international forum. Laws that make sense in one country, (or providence/state/county) might not in another. Before doing anything legal, seek the advice of a LOCAL law expert, A.K.A. a lawyer.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 6:56 am
Good point there but this is only really to give people some ideas, not actually to be used as such. But I do understand where you’re coming from and you should ALWAYS seek the advice of a LOCAL law expert like you rightly said.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 7:08 am
This is pretty good. Thanks for the post. I would also like to mention that I've added a clause that allows me to use discretion on what to play and am not liable if something is played and someone considers it offensive (i.e. curse words).

A good DJ will make sure all these details are covered and ok'd by the owner, so there shouldn't be any surprises, but put everything in writing.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 10:26 am
It was worth posting so that I can advise you to receive payment in advance in future even if it's on arrival in cash, I haven't been paid at the end of an event for years now. I don't know anyone that does still!

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 1:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same here mate, 50 quid deposit up front, balance before commencement of show for private functions.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 4:02 pm
Note that this is not an agreement with the client. Whatever agreement you have with the client, try to keep it simple. The client may like you and decide to go with you, but if the agreement looks too legalese, complicated or appears to protect the DJ more than the client, you risk losing the gig.

Regarding the practice of taking the entire balance up front, instead of waiting until after the gig, I think you use your discretion depending on who you are dealing with. My contract states the balance is to be paid before the event begins, however, most clients do not remember to do this and if I think the client is trustworthy, I will wait until the end of the gig. I have also found that by insisting on the balance before the event starts, you could risk losing out on a tip at the end of the gig. I'd rather do a good job and allow the client to pay whatever they owe and may tip at one time, rather than hoping the client will make an extra trip to possibly tip me later.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 4:24 pm
No Discretion, T&C are T&C no matter who they are.

Posté Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 4:40 pm
I still accept payment after the gig, but only from bars/clubs that I know are good for their money. They usually end up paying me in advance per month anyway. For weddings and private functions, I require half up front and the other half at the time of show.

In my area, which is more rural, the common attitude is everyone keeps their word, so I haven't had problems with anyone... yet.

Posté Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 11:38 am
You will

Posté Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 3:27 pm
edited by AMAHM for waste of paper.

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 2:40 pm
You quoted the same poster twice with no comment of your own, having problems with your keyboard... lol.

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 3:15 pm

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 3:28 pm
use square brackets instead

{youtube}fryfNTq0m7M{/youtube}

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 3:42 pm
When wanting to post YouTube vids top line in pic shows you the code you get when using the code from \"share\" on YT

The second line shows how to post it on VDJ forums.

EDIT: oops already shown.... doh is me!

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 4:06 pm
That's exactly what I did. Maybe the YouTube settings for the vid (the original on MeatLoafVEVO) don't allow embedding...

Posté Tue 07 Jan 14 @ 4:13 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)