Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Sampler pitch - & +

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

to slow or speed up samples when is just a pitch setting off
that be appreciated

Posté Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 8:35 pm
If Atomix would only make the decks work properly as samplers, this would not be a problem.....

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:36 am
Now VDJ supports multiple decks it sort of makes the sampler module redundant anyway.

As above, if the decks can have sampler features added then that would be perfect.

Keith

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 2:51 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Now VDJ supports multiple decks it sort of makes the sampler module redundant anyway.

Wrong. I don't wanna load a deck just to play a vocal drop or gun shot. Or in my case I have drum kits that I use in the sampler to spice up a track. Yes something needs to be done but try to say a deck equals a sampler.....

+1 on sampler love
Huey

Posté Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 3:51 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I don't wanna load a deck just to play a vocal drop or gun shot.

Why not, if it's got better features than the existing samplers?

All it would require is an option to switch the deck between deck and sampler, which then changes the feature set available.

And remember VDJ has skins, so there's no set way that a deck (or sampler) has to appear on screen. I'm simply saying that rather than keep the existing (very old) sampler setup, make use of the ability to have large numbers of decks, by making some of them assignable to playing samples instead.

Posté Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 9:42 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@groovindj
Not sure iI'd like that idea, though it sounds logical.. Case in point, the sampler has it's specific function as in any other professional software, I also use other programs and that's the way it is usually set up even on the latest controller console....why would you want to reinvent the wheel, this would only add to the confusion pot, and it's one of those ideas that work better in the lab, then in the field.....just my opinion.

Joey...

Posté Fri 07 Oct 11 @ 1:52 pm
Well, take a look at the way the latest Traktor software handles samples, for example - or Serato SP6.

At the end of the day, all VDJ users want is improvement to the sampler functionality.

Posté Sat 08 Oct 11 @ 4:15 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)