Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Multiple IP Broadcasting

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It would nice to be able to input more than one IP Address into one software and give other stations in a network of stations a chance to enjoy a simulcast of a program. Version 2 has this feature. Does anyone have it? Contact me @ TechniMike1@yahoo.com Thanks.

Posté Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 4:01 pm
I have simulcast using VDJ and BUTT. Not sure if you can run multiple instances of BUTT but that would be one way...

Another would be to download the FREE shoutcast server software, broadcast locally and have your syndicates stream from you and re-broadcast themselves. I have had stations do that from me too... If they want to stream your broadcast then why wouldn't they...

Of course you don't actually need shoutcast as you can turn VDJ in to a server...

The problem with all of the above however is bandwidth. Whether streaming from you, or you sending out multiple streams to different IPs is the amount of bandwidth consumed. The correct way to do this would be to broadcast to a single point outside of your network and then have people pick up from there.

Just saying ;-)

Roy

Posté Sun 16 Oct 11 @ 7:35 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)