Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Camera Plugin + Android = AWESOME - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

On my last video gig, I tried this out and it WORKED...

If you have an android phone, check out DroidCamX... It lets you wirelessly beam the camera from your phone back to your laptop, where it shows up as a camera device... Meaning you can use the CAMERA plugin.

This means you can activate the camera plugin and send someone running through your crowd with the phone (make sure you turn on the LED so there's some light) and your crowd will see themselves on the big screens!

Posté Sun 23 Oct 11 @ 4:20 am
MJ177PRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is pretty cool! Simple to install too -- might have to play with it ... might be worth the 5 bucks for the pro version. :)

Posté Fri 28 Oct 11 @ 6:25 pm
DROIDCAMX IS THE APP YOU DOWNLOAD FOR YOUR PHN OR COMPUTER??

Posté Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:37 am
You need to install DroidCamX on your phone and their desktop software on your computer as well.

Posté Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 11:49 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Great idea, I have wanted to do this for a long time. How do you configure the Camera plug in to see you phone?

EDIT: Nevermind, installed the free one and I see the instructions.

Posté Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 8:34 pm
IT WORKS really well! Thank you for sharing this awsome idea!

Posté Wed 16 Nov 11 @ 9:01 pm
Glad you got it working! The only caveat is that you have to make sure that wherever you go to do a gig, you have a wifi network to connect both your laptop and your phone to. Almost worth bringing your own wifi router along just in case.

Posté Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 12:58 am
I have a desktop, so I have a router already. That is how I used the VDJ "iRemote" app (don't use much yet) and "Live Mobile" which is Chauvet's mobile app for Show Express. So not a big deal at all.

If you have a laptop with a wireless card that can stay on while VDJ is running, try using an "Adhoc" (device to device) connection. A little work to start up, but no router is needed. Worst part there is setting a static IP address for the computer and the andriod device. Hope this helps. PM me if you have questions on how to do this and I will help.

Posté Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 6:59 pm
There were some questions on how to set this all up. So hopefully this will help some people:

First, VDJ can be open or closed during all this. At least until I say it needs to be open.

Once DroidCam is on your phone, your phone should say to go here: http://www.dev47apps.com/ and download the PC application. This is so that your PC sees the phone as a webcam.

Next you will need to turn your phone WIFI on, and connect it to the same network as your computer. Once both are connected, then start the Droidcam app on your phone.

At the bottom of the DroidCam app on your phone, you will see an address that you need to type into your computer Droidcam app. Then just hit connect on the computer side app so that your phone & computer are connected. When this part is done, your phone should display the video that your are broadcasting.

You need to open Virtual DJ at this point.

The last hang up is, if you have a laptop that has a web cam already (skip this part if you do not have a built in Webcam).
1. You need to go into VDJ browser area and select Effects. You should now see the effects fill your browser area. If you do not see the "Effects" tab, please switch to the default VDJ skin for this part.
2. Next, there will be some tabs above your effects. Select the "Video Effects" tab.
3. Then select the "Camera" effect.
4. Now Right click the "Device" button to select the "DroidCam" device.

Now all you have to do is Activate that effect when you want your video to pass through.

Good Luck!

Posté Sat 26 Nov 11 @ 10:15 am
app market reviews say that it doesnt work with every phone. which one's are you using for the app? will it work with my EVO?

Posté Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 8:54 pm
I have gotten it to work on a Droid X, Droid 3, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 (tablet).

Posté Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 8:56 pm
I have the HTC Incredible 1.

Posté Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 3:58 pm
you guys are nuts... I freaking love it just did it with the Ipad.... now i can see full size.. what ever you do dont leave it on when you go into the can.....

Posté Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 10:45 pm
that posting is so kick azz... what is the next thing i need to buy??? toys , come on... i need some more,..

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 8:06 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Tycoon - HOw did you get it to work with the ipad - if its a android app?

Posté Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 11:08 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I gave this a shot with my iPhone. The plugin worked well with the video input on VDJ. However, after installing, and while not using the plugin, VDJ crashed twice. VDJ has not crashed on me at all in this install of Win. 7 and before with XP. I have removed the control software for the plugin and will continue to test.

Posté Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 3:29 pm
I think the Apple one is called "PocketCam".

Posté Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 1:22 pm
Has anyone got this to work with the HTC Evo. I keep getting a "failure to connect" message.

Posté Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 5:01 am
always worked on my old Incredible and new Rezound with OEM os and new ICS. I would check to make sure you have the latest desktop app. Also make sure you have the phone wifi card on and connected to the same network that your pc is connected to. Last, turn off your fire wall on the pc.

Posté Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 10:10 pm
LOVE THIS APPP!!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 9:29 pm
87%