Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VMS2 headphone preview

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have the VMS2 well i got it on Saturday, the problem that i am having is getting the headphone preview to work correct. I can not preview the track when the live music to the audience is being played. Maybe my set up is not correct, any help with this is appreciated.

Posté Sun 20 Nov 11 @ 10:49 pm
JVILLEBOY809 wrote :
Maybe my set up is not correct

It would help a lot if you specified exactly what your setup is, so that we can tell whether it's right or not.....

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 9:45 am
Ok I will have to wait until I get home from work and I will tell you the settings that I have currently in place.

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 9:51 am
ok current settings is

inputs : none
output: external mixer
soundcard VSM4

this is all on the virtualDJ LE(VMS2)

The current function will only let you preview the track at the half way point, and when the cue mix at mid point. But on my Hercules mixer I dont have this problem I am able to view the right side when the left side of the deck is live so that the audience here. But if there is no resolve I guess I will just have to turn this one back in. And just get the updated RMX version instead. Thanks for your help!!

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 8:13 pm
thanks for the help, i have decided to return the VMS2 peace!!!

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 10:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Your settings are correct. (assuming you meant VMS2 as sound card and not VMS4).

It seems that either you havent installed drivers properly, or your VMS2 sound card is not recognized as 4out (quadrophonic) sound card.
What is your Operating System ? (Windows or MAC) ?

Before returning your device, you should try our support page http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 10:55 pm
I am on a window 7 operations system the software only pulls up VMS4 as the soundcard, weird I know but I just thinks that is how it is suppose to be I assume.

Posté Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 11:12 pm
eastoncPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I've got a VMS2 on Win7 with VDJ7pro and it's up and running. If you havent returned it i can post my settings later when I get home. I'm still having a couple issues that the folks here are helping me work out but it's up and running for sure.

Posté Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 1:28 pm
I am having the same problem with my VMS2 I wish to prelisten on my device which I have already paid 250 for the hardware and therefore cannot afford the 100 asking price for the pro upgrade. Is there any solutions or am I at a loss also?

Posté Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 8:01 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
On the front there are to knobs CUE mix and Gain ... the gain is the overall volume for headphone the cue mix is master only when all the way right and cue(prelisten) when left. and to hear the track you want to prelisten tu you also need to press the cue button abow the fader for the channel.
Don't know if this will help but thats how the hardware side of the VMS works

Posté Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 11:22 am
This doesn't seem to work on VDJ LE, and I cannot afford the pro upgrade lol

Posté Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 11:28 am
nex to the load buttons is a cue button you have to pusch that en you can hear your song
also on the front there is a switch turn it to the left to ceu normaly this works.

i also have a vms2 whit vdj le and it works form me

Posté Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 12:21 pm
You need to used external mixer and asio out put

Posté Wed 22 Feb 12 @ 10:07 pm
Same here. I just got a VMS2 but it doesn't work when its on external mixer (one deck doesn't play). I have to go to advanced config and set deck 1 to output 1&2 then set deck 2 to output 3&4. With these setting everything works fine, except the headphones. UGGHH...can someone help? I have a Mac.

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 6:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Goto Applications-->Utilities-->Audio Midi Setup.
Select the VMS2, and then Configure. Change the speakers to 4 (Quadrophonic), and launch VirtualDJ again.
Inputs..None
Outputs..Ext mixer
Sound card 4out ..VMS2

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 7:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)