Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Video "Samples" such as "Put Your Hands Up" etc...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello there.

This is my first post in this forum, and i'm wondering if there is anyway to have video samples, like audio samples. I'd like to overlay a transparent video (sort of like keying it in) over the current video that i'm playing, and wondering if i'd have to go get a piece of hardware to do that, or if there was a way in VDJ. I've never really looked into it, but I could go either way (which ever was safest)

Posté Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 8:30 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
If I understand correctly, you will need a program like Sony Vegas to do that. I have video loops of CLAP YOUR HANDS on screen with the audio from fat man scoop. Something like that is really easy to create. U can then delete the audio trak save it as a vid and run a fade transition over the video file so they overlap.

Posté Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 5:46 pm
Schmitty one way to go would be to prepare that with video editing software like Zamooda suggested. There are alternatives to Vegas, some more, some less expensive. But even this method has its disadvantages. For example, you could run a pre-edited clip in clip bank but that rules out transitioning because clip bank has no transition nor overlay (maybe in VDJ 8, fingers crossed)

You could use a video changer (hardware) with a T-bar. For this method you would need a source or two to run loops that you could overlay on your video mix whenever you choose. The advantages of this are; your VDJ decks remain free for you to cue. You can transition with choice of transition and timing. The disadvantage is the price tag. It's one more piece of equipment to buy and then to lug around if you are mobile.

Posté Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 2:45 am
You don't have to prepare anything. There's Essential Media plugin, allowing you to put some looping transparent flash file, just like in my picture, down there....

http://i43.tinypic.com/207oqbt.jpg

Posté Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 6:22 am
Sorry, haven't checked this post in a while....

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I actually already have after effects cs5 that I can 'make' the video clips I want to use, but I didn't really explain what I was getting after.

Ok, so you know how say there's a watermark, like the mtv logo? or maybe when your watching a tv show, and then there's an animation of "an all new 2 and a half men" or whatever that's being shown on the bottom of the screen in a corner? I want to have some video clips that can overlay, but be 'keyed' out, say if I made the background of the video green, and the words "clap your hands" to show OVER the video i'm playing, but not to interupt it just to play on top of the music video i'm playing, while being transparent around the words, is that possible with any plug ins?

(hope i'm explaining it correctly, lol...)

Posté Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 4:08 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Put the words or whatever you want on screen onto a black background (more convenient) and you can key them out but sometimes you may get a little "pixalation" round the edges, or you can get a little more involved and do something like this...

Use the free Firetext plugin to get the video overlay.

If you need any help just hit me up on pm and I'll go through the proceedure with you.

Only imagination is your limitation, lol.

Posté Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 4:21 pm
YES, that's what i'm talking about. Thanks!!!

Oh yea, nice choice of music, lol....

Posté Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 1:52 am
Wait, can I have the video file also have it's own audio play along with the keyed video, or does it JUST play the video data?

Posté Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 1:56 am

Posté Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 4:30 am
CAN WE SET IT UP SP THE SAMPLER PLAYS THE VIDEO LOOP?
THE FLASH FILE ?

Posté Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 12:54 am
Use it over any flash plugin you like.

Posté Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 4:19 pm
hi guys how can i play two music 1 is in my speaker and the other in headset in my vitualdj home free

Posté Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 6:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)