Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet individual pich range settings for decks

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

EO4593Home userMember since 2011
I would like to ask a feature....
Every player should have individual pitch-range adjustment, just like in Traktor 2.

It is really anoying to have only the global pitch range, since some tracks need the +-8 % and other would need +-16 or 25 %

OR it would be nice to have an opportunity to make some shotcut buttons to have a +16% or +32% constantly on the selected player.
It would be usefull to have only the -+8% range to be used, but when I run out of the range, than I apply this button and than I can get back to -8% which is exactly matches the normal +8%... :)

And please make the Stanton SCS.1d plate to change its platter speed when I adjust the pitch.... not just spinning on a constant speed.

Posté Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 10:20 am
I dont use tractor, and since VDJ only takes a second to change the pitch range, im confused on to why this would be an advantage?
thanx!

Posté Fri 09 Dec 11 @ 2:09 pm
I have a Stanton SCS.1 system, and it have a motorized pich fader.....
When I use one song on the +- 8% and i try to beatmach it with a much slower song which needs +-25% pich (+19% for ex.) and I want to adjust the first song with 0.1% a can't do so since the extended pich range have much biger 'steps' only....
It is not an easy task when you mix 4 song together and you have to adjust 1 of them just a little.... and you can't do it, so you must adjust ALL the other 3 instead. ?!?! S(

Or if I want to adjust the 'out of sync' deck exactly, than I force the program to use only +-8%.... than the 'wider range' players reduces their previously adjusted tempo to 'fit in' to the selected range.... and when this happens with 3 songs... (+19, -12, +24%....) all of them will jump to +8, -8, +8 % and then I have a much slower tempo and 3 decks out of sync... plus the one I just wanted to change (with 0,1% only....)

I'm from the analog world, and I get use to mix by ear and not using sync buttons.... /which use to force the chosen track to jump into a 'correct' position, what I don't like .... I use to mix with 'out of sync' songs (out of sync in beat, not tempo) with 'planned disharmony' between the tracks and these 'jumps' ruins my ideas.../

The best would be to have a dedicated button (midi learn) to 'give' an extra CONSTANS +16% or +32% on the SELECTED deck (then all the players could be used with +-8% only) and when I run out of range to the +8%... I apply this button to the selected deck ONLY and I can get back to the -8% (which is the applied constant +16% -8%= +8%, just where I ran out of the previous range) and I can continue 'my searching of the correct tempo' with the SAME steps, but in a higher tempo.... and if the song is really-really much slower, and the constans 16% +8% (+24%) wouldn't be enough as well, I apply the same (or another) button again (constans +32%) and I get back to -8% (with the same math... +32% -8% = +24%, just the same where I ran out of the previous range)

In this case people with older 7 bit MIDI pich fader could sync their songs precisely regardles to the tempo of those songs using only the 'well known +-8% range'

This kind of 'cheating' came into my mind around 15 years ago way before the Technics came up with their SL-1200 MK5G turntables, I also mailed them at that time to 'invent' and try to standardize the 38 2/3 RPM and the 53 PRM in their decks (besides the 33 1/3 and the 45 RPM) to avoid the 'gap' between 33 RPM +8% and the 45 RPM -8% (which is almost exactly 16%... so to divide it with 2 it would be another +-8% but on the 38 2/3 RPM...) and to add the same 'turbo function' to the 45 RPM records.... you need the 53 RPM +- 8%...
And again, when you run out of the positive range on the 33 RPM, you just switch to the 38 RPM and put the fader to -8%, start the 'seeking' once again... without gap... you can mix polka with Ghetto-tech, RnB with electro, House with D&B and so on...
But they 'invented' the +-16% instead ...which results the same in a kinda way, but one have to be twice as accurate than before because of the doubled range.... and after 10 years one can get use to the +-8%... so you can 'predict' pretty much where you need to adjust the fader to have the tempo synced.... and with the twice range you can't... so the MK5G never become an industry standard like the MK2.....

Posté Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 4:23 am
I still think it would be an easy to program, and would be nice to have (even with an on/off option, so skin developer could put in to their skin's options)

Posté Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 11:44 am
Is this will be made on VDJ 8?

Since the comlet re-wrie could allow it.

Posté Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 4:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)