Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Free guides and tutorials for beginner DJs - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

jamix2Home userMember since 2011
The message in this forum's heading encourages to share skills and help other users. So in my very first post, I'd like to encourage everyone to visit the website for beginner DJs that I just launched. In it, you'll find tons of tutorials on choosing equipment, mastering beatmatching, mixing (including harmonic mixing), and whatnot. Here it is - enjoy:

http://www.djingtips.com

Posté Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 4:07 am
A lot of helpful information. Thanks!

Posté Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 6:09 am
legarryHome userMember since 2011
Thanks. I just got a hercules mk4 and want to start learning.

Posté Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 2:36 pm
DjKwelsHome userMember since 2011
this guide is very helpful, Thanks

Posté Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 12:46 am
thanks

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 9:33 pm
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
There is a lot of great information on your site. You have a great start thus far. That said, I would caution anyone from following all your advice. Bars and clubs make their money one way and one way only:

Selling booze.

Not once anywhere have you mentioned that fact. The bar/club DJ's job is simple: Control the energy in the room so as to keep a constant flow of people between the bar and dancefloor.

Anything else and it's nothing more than stroking the ego of the DJ him/herself. Remember that for every self absorbed egotistical DJ, there are dozens of young bedroom dj's who promise they can do the job better and for half the price. The ONLY dj who could possibly survive this situation is the guy who is more concerned he/she is driving up bar sales (and can actually deliver) than he/she is about their own image.

Posté Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 4:37 pm
Good point, djnutz. Will make sure to make it clear as I update the articles.

Posté Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 6:16 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I would also suggest that if you are using Virtual DJ with your endeavors, that you make sure you have paid for a proper Pro version license and register it here. The NLU (non-license user) is welcome here on these forums. Most are just starting to get their feet wet and have many questions. This thread you have started would lead many to believe that you have been at this for a couple of years. A person who walks and talks like an experienced DJ and their profile shows non-license user, well, let's just say that many who have paid for the pro version have thoughts about the NLU being a software pirate. That can lead to opinions about the where and how that same software pirate might acquire their media.

Now you talk about the LEGAL ways to get media. You might want to add TM Century and Promo Only as well. When it comes to current mainstream music and music videos, these are two of the largest sources.

Lastly, for recording a mix/demo, I suggest using a separate computer running some kind of linear audio editing software. This will reduce the load on a single computer, especially if a person uses a lot of layered effects. Most linear audio editing software will allow for recording one entire set as a single file. Then the user can go back through and mark the locations for each track change and flag it. Next, the software should allow for burning the project to a disc. This will burn each individual track at the points flagged by the user with no pause in between so the disc can be track skipped on playback or played as one continuous mix.

With programs like Sony Acid and Adobe Audition, you can also author a master disc that can be sent out for duplication. I would caution anyone who plans on doing this type of stuff to make sure they know what is and isn't allowed according to copyright law. I am speaking from direct experience on this. I once made 200 mix cd's and sold them for $5 each, until I got a visit from a representative of the RIAA. He informed me that I was looking at a fine of $10,000 per song, per disc. I had 18 tracks per disc. Do the math. Needless to say, I destroyed my mix CD's.

Posté Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 8:55 am
I'm more of an old school kind of guy (vinyl/CDJ), so no, I don't use a pirated version of Virtual DJ :) Thanks for the suggestion though.

Posté Sun 12 Feb 12 @ 8:13 am
Nice clean site - thank you - good info.

Posté Sun 04 Mar 12 @ 4:32 pm
Hi, i'm new member from morocco , and i wanna learn how to mixing
Thanks for help !!!

Posté Thu 06 Jun 13 @ 4:06 pm

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 4:10 pm
Hey djs am new a member from Tanzania,help me to get virtual dj 7.0 software

Posté Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 2:55 am
You can download the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE v7.4 from: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Or if you are a working DJ, you can purchase a version of the software that best meets your requirements: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html (Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only and cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid.)

NOTE: Please DO NOT ask users to illegally send you their licensed versions of the software, serial number or plugins such as skins, effects, etc. If you do this, your account will be locked. Please support the software and its future development by purchasing your own legitimate license. If you are caught using illegal software and/or music at your gigs then both you and your venue could face prosecution.

Posté Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 5:42 am
well i t help me a lot of some useful ideas thanks...

Posté Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 6:09 pm
plzz help me tell how i can remix songs

Posté Sun 11 Aug 13 @ 5:17 am

Posté Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 1:26 pm
jangaliHome userMember since 2015
@djnutz: ouch! That was brutally honest, wasn't it? Perhaps a trifle cynical though. Bars and clubs make money from ticket sales as well, and the average revenue per customer has to be multiplied by the number of people who turn up; plus there are network effects (the more people come, the more people want to come). So yes, I certainly know DJs who match that description, but I also know plenty who don't. Personally I will buy one or two drinks from the bar, if I am driven there because there is nothing happening on the dancefloor then that's the last time that club/promoter gets my business.

Posté Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 6:21 pm
hi guys my virtual dj won't record my mixes...it says, ''Could not open file for writing!'' when i click the record button
what do i do to start recording??? please help

Posté Wed 16 Dec 15 @ 6:41 am
I'm a newbie to the DJ world. I've been watching a lot of youtube lately and one of the things I noticed is some DJs use the volume buttons for transitions and some use crossfading...which one is best? And by the way...I'm learning a lot from your information. THANKS!

Posté Thu 24 Dec 15 @ 7:14 pm
80%