Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet How to map two variables to one button?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi. I have mapped standard shift button and another one variable on other button ( set "myshift" while_pressed ). The thing is that i want to have 3 actions on one knob. without pressed buttons it should be normal action effect parameter 1. If i press SHIFT i would like to have GAIN function by knob. Third action is with mapped before MYSHIFT while pressed that would control FILTER option. Is it possible to do that?

Posté Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 4:00 pm
It's possible to map it in the full version of Pro or during the trial. To do it you would need to map either two shift buttons or use a cycle shift to one button.

just so you know, you can call a shift anything it doesn't need to be called "my_shift" it can be called "gainshift", "filter_shift" "vdj_rules" "anything"... It doesn't matter what you call it as long as you query it on the button/slider/knob/jog you want to shift.

shift 1
set "gain_shift" while_pressed

shift 2
set "filter_shift" while_pressed

knob
var "gain_shift" ? gain_slider : var "filter_shift" ? filter : effect slider 1

or you could use a cycle shift
cycle "vdj_rules" 3

knob
var "vdj_rules" 1 ? gain : var "vdj_rules" 2 ? filter : effect slider 1

If you have pro already you should register your serial so you have access to the bonus downloads.

Posté Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 8:55 pm
Thanks a lot for your answer. that was exacly what i need. Greetings.

Posté Fri 03 Feb 12 @ 4:25 pm
Is someone able to advise how to set my fx select knob on the MTP to adjust a loop by +/- 5ms when the shift button is active, but still choose effects when it's not?

It's a rotary knob, that 'clicks' as it turns (like a car stereo volume knob), and turns indefinitely.

Ta
Mike

Posté Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 6:31 am
this should do it... post back if you have any problems

var 'shift' ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -5ms : loop_move +5ms : effect select

Posté Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 7:38 am
Fab. Where do I stick this code?

I've gone into mappers, hit 'Key Learn', press SHIFT, (which defaults to "toggle "shift_loop", then copied and pasted your code above in there instead.

Now what happens is , my shift button is permanently flashing, and when pressed, a list of my effects appears wherever my mouse pointer resides. Furthermore, I am unable to increase or decrease the length of loops (by 1/2, or 2x).

If it makes any difference, I'm using the 'MixTrack Pro:ver 1.1' skin.

Restoring to factory mapper defaults fixes everything again.

Am I being a simpleton, and missing the obvious?

Ta
Mike.

Posté Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 3:22 pm
you need to map it to the encoder not the shift button, but use this instead as your shift name is different.

var 'shift_loop' ? param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -5ms : loop_move +5ms : effect select

also skins make no difference to your mapping.

Posté Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 11:12 pm
Sorry...

The encoder? Is that the effect select dial?

Ta
Mike

Posté Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 12:33 pm
yep

Posté Tue 02 Jul 13 @ 10:47 pm
Works like a charm.

Thank you SO much!

Ta
Mike

Posté Wed 03 Jul 13 @ 12:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)