Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Startup Script?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
At many events I use the same group of plug-ins with mostly the same settings.
Is there (or could there) a plugin/batch file/script or whatever, that would load (activate) them at the start of VDJ?
Yea, I know lazy :) , but if you have a problem and need to reboot it's one less thing to worry about!
Thanks,
B.

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 3:20 pm
you can actually map it so when vdj recognises your controller it will perform the script. to do it you need to map "ONINIT" with this code

"deck 1 effect "effect_name" active on &"

eg.

deck 1 effect "filter" active on & deck 2 effect "filter" active on & deck 1 effect "reverb" active on & deck 2 effect "reverb" active on

soing it this way you are also chaining the path of the signal, so for instance you could use

gate --> crusher --> filter --> echo --> reverb

and the effects will operate in that order as long as you don't break the chain

this is how to find ONINIT

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 3:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can also add an init action to the skin too.

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 5:39 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Okay, this is an example of my normal routine, go to effects then video effects,
1. Activate SBDJ Scrolltext, click on Config.
2. Click load, then C:\Virtualdj\plugins\Text2D Mesages & SBDJ ScrollText Messages Folder\Ross Flavor Menu.tsb
3. Activate Text2D, Load C:\Virtualdj\plugins\Text2D Mesages & SBDJ ScrollText Messages Folder\VDJ Marque Ross Flavor Lounge.txt2d
4. Activate ClipBank 1 and ClipBank 1_Random

How can I mechanize this procedure

Thanks

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 10:52 pm
unfortunately I have never used scrolltext or text 2D so not sure if you can load the settings with script, but I assume not, hopefully scott or dj cel can shed some light on it. but to activate all the plugins that shouldn't be a problem

video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext" & video_fx & video_fx_select "text2d" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank 1" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank 1_Random" & video_fx & show_pluginpage "Video Effects" & video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext"

It's not really saving you from loading the files, but it will open the video fx page and select scroll text for you to load

hope that helps

Posté Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 11:46 pm
The load and activate works great! :)
But I also need a way to load the config info as Joey mentioned.
Thank you,
B.

Posté Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 8:36 am
There is no script for "Activate" so the script doesn't Activate the plugin, there is a "Load" script, but if the plugin is not activated load won't work?

Posté Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 9:28 am
video_fx_select "SBDJ ScrollText" & video_fx does activate from the controller xml like above.
I haven't tried it in a skin yet.

Posté Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 9:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can not automate functions that are in a plugin ...

Half of what you have there are specific to the plug-in written by SBDJ. He would have to add a 'default load' capability to his plug-in to get those files to load when it is activated.

But the other items are doable as synthet1c points out with the video_fx_select & video_fx ( << which is the 'Activate' ) script

Posté Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 9:48 am
Okay, it worked once I removed this end part out of the script:: & show_pluginpage "Video Effects" & video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext"

Original script
video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext" & video_fx & video_fx_select "text2d" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank 1" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank 1_Random" & video_fx & show_pluginpage "Video Effects" & video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext"

Posté Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 10:24 am
I'm having a problem with the last statement in this script, it won't activate the "RandomVideoTransition", but everything else does work fine.....is there anything wrong with it...?

video_fx_select "SBDJ Scrolltext" & video_fx & video_fx_select "text2d" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank Hindi 1" & video_fx & video_fx_select "ClipBank Hindi 1_Random" & video_fx & video_fx_select "RandomVideoTransition"
Thanks

Posté Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 9:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You're missing an & video_fx from the end...

Posté Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 7:24 am
It works,.... thanks Scott, now if we can only get the SBDJ ScrollText to have a default open file option to choose from, this would be a big help..

Thanks again..

Posté Sun 22 Jan 12 @ 12:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)