Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mapping - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ya i love that technology keeps advancing for us dj's though i find that the simpler solutions to midi such as diy midi devices or monome boards are becoming more effective and used. Thanks for the advice on the kp3 it seems less useless as a midi controller now. I foudn the effects on this thing to be fairly useless. It's not that there poor but i find that you cant record back into vdj without doing more mapping (which isnt a bad thing but i have other things to map) and it just has this cheese sound to it that doesnt sound respectable in my opinion. I'm not sure what to do with it now as i was hoping to have effects buttons and sliders in one little unit and will probably end up just making a controller using a twin controller (two controllers on one usb) as an effects unit not sure what to do with my korg kp3... sell it and get more turntables?

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 3:08 pm
so is there a way to map my novation so that i could go from an effects unit setup over to a sampler setup with every button having a second function and a button that switches from samplers to effects (then on the effects page ill have to map a deck button).

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 3:10 pm
yes you can have as many pages of controls as you like, you just need to set a variable which you can call on any of the controls. the cariable can be anything you want, but there is local and global shifts, a local shift will only affect the deck it was activated on, or you can have a global shift that works on all decks at the same time, to make a shift global just place a dollar sign before the shift name eg

local
'shift'

global
'$shift'

you can use "toggle 'shift' or "set 'shift' #" with the number replacing the #, eg binary 1, 0. or you can have multiple shift states under the same variable name eg. "set 'shift' 4", "set 'shift' 86" etc... if using multiple shifts you can also cycle between them with "cycle 'shift' 3"... that will cycle between 'shift' 0, 1 & 2... but you can use as many as you like as there are no immediate limits in vdj script and the ones there are you will probably never find.

then when mapping the other controls just query the state of your shift button

var 'shift' ? action if shifted : action if not shifted

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 3:48 pm
wait did you say sixteen samples? how would i do that?

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 5:48 pm
you would need for VDJ8 to be released if you wanted to do it natively, but if you wanted a workaround you could use any of the 99 decks that VDJ offers... But I pretty much said it because the touchpad has been divided into 16 sections, but there is no software limitation on how few or how many sections you divide it into, the hardware limitation would be (100x100) = 1000 sections but I can't think of a good reason to use any more than 16 for this type of thing but the kaoss pads leds are (8 x 8) 64 sections that would be the limit imo.

Honestly though, if your only using paired effects on the x & y axis's I can't think of two effects that use buttons as their primary way of manipulating the effect, so you would probably end up using only one axis in quadrants and the other freely controlling one or more effect sliders

eg. echo_efx500 on the x axis and crusher on the y, so the echo snaps depending on the quadrant and the crusher moves freely, but you could maybe layer ramp delay to echo out when you are pressing the highest quadrant... I should avoid thinking a about it though because once I start I don't stop lol..

It would be better if the buttons up the top of the kaoss pad worked in midi, but it's not a deal breaker as you can use other controllers/keyboard/skin buttons/or even which effect is in what slot can be queried to change the behaviour of the mapping. And you get the touchpad to play with, But I brought a KP2 a few years ago and didn't like the lack of control so quickly replaced it with an EFX1000 which is about 100 times better to use in sound quality and functionality.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 6:34 pm
ya i think I'm gunna map it as a button pad and use it for the 64 mapping options I was thinking of maybe using rewire and using it as a sample pad but i can also create two templates for virtual dj on my novation remote sl 37 so now ive got a bunch of options with no idea where to start. I'm thinking it might just be worth more to sell the kp3 and get some stanton t62B'S. The kp3 is alright but i plan to build my own midi fighter with 16 pots and possibly up to 60 buttons which would fair me better as i could make my box to fit around my turntables.

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 11:02 pm
so my novation remote has buttons that will activate samples but won't do the effect button 1 option

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 11:34 pm
i don't follow what you are saying... any button can operate any function in vdj, even the jogs or sliders "just not as well" and any slider/knob can operate any button function "again not as well as they are not made for that purpose.

if you want you can shift the whole device so it's effects if the shift is active or sampler if not

button to set the shift

toggle '$fx_samp'

then the formula for anything shifted
var 'fx_samp' ? effect 1 active : sampler 1 play_stop
var 'fx_samp' ? effect 1 button 1 : sampler 1 loop
var 'fx_samp' ? effect 1 slider 1 : sampler 1 volume
etc...

Posté Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 11:52 pm
I don't know whats wrong with the button but it'll trigger samples but effect button 1 wont work on it :S I think it might be a pressure sensitive pad.

Posté Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 1:14 am
maybe that effect button isn't mappable, it's up to developers to make it possible. Off the top of my head "loop games" doesn't have the most important button respond to mapping :-( which really sucks because the plugin quantises loops to the beatgrid, but you need to use the mouse to disable the muting function.

Another way to fix it is to put a binary switch after the button number eg.

effect button 1 1 (this is press down)
effect button 1 0 (this is release)

I had to do it for a button a while ago and have done it ever since

also the other script I gave you was for effect slot 1 "effect 1 button 1", so it will only work on a skin that has multiple effect slots like phantom's CDS4, otherwise you just map i as above with out the 1 to control the "main effect" which is just the name for a single slot

Posté Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 1:42 am
IIt's a very odd situation samples will trigger no problem i switched the effect button to a key on my midi keyboard and it works fine but add it to the cc buttons and nothing. How would i setup up the two codes into one would you use param greater or param smaller?

Posté Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 11:47 am
var 'fx_samp' ? param_greater 0% ? effect 1 active on : effect 1 active off : sampler 1 play_stop

Posté Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 11:57 am
your the best man! I haven't tried it out yet but I've learned sooooo much! gunna giver a go right meow! is there anyway I can tell one of your superiors you deserve another star??

Posté Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 4:25 pm
so i gave it a go on my buttons to see if the effect button would work tried a few different styles of script but got no response. It's ridiculous because they'll fire of samples but won't allow me to use the effect buttons and i know you said the effect buttons aren't that great but i want to use them to change the different ratios for speed like on beat box or black and white noise id love the ability to jump from 1/8 to 1/4 to 1/2. also i have a mod wheel for pitch control that i was wondering what i should do with? i was thinking of assigning it a deck and then when i rotate it forward it starts playing the deck and i could have some sort of bass loaded in the deck and have it become distorted with pitch or something from the mod wheel being shifted around its axis? or possibly have on way be reverse or some how slow down the deck to make the bass sound really messed up? i also have a touch pad which id like to do something crazy with any ideas would be great. atm my novation is setup so the top endless encoders are the effect sliders the knobs underneath ( not endless encoders) are set to volume for the 8 drum pads down below them which are set to play samples 1-8. My first four black keys are samples 9-12 then my next 8 blakc keys will be set to effects buttons 1-8 (if i cant figure out how to set my other buttons above the endless encoders as the effects buttons) the rest of the keys will be set as go to cue and set_cue . four of my sliders on the right side are set as 9-12 sampler volumes. i think im going to make one of my endless encoder knobs a search knob so i can scroll through the effects list i believe you can set up the novation remotes screen to show whats going on in vdj (only problem is is the guy gave me the script but i dont know how to add it to the controller definer and i dont know how to create an xml file) chackl sent me an the codes for the xml file but i dont know how to turn it into an xml file. i think im still going to make a second template for this whole thing so i can seperate an effects template and a sampler template. though my first template will stay as is^ id like to make my sampler template capable of scrolling through sampler banks as well as have the ability to change the loop in of a sampler from an encoder knob. All of this is going to be alot of work... any ideas on any other possibilities or good ideas would be well appreciated ( not that im lacking any appreciation couldn't be happier with the customer service right now. On a side not my last idea was to create a list of button for all of the notes on the pitch scale so i could jump around on pitch without using the slider. for example put a bass in a deck and then jump around on the tempo scale to get a wobble effect/ different note out of it.

Posté Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 12:44 pm
now making a second skin to place on a second screen as a extension of the original one.. anyone tried this yet? virt one screen the template of effects on the second

Posté Sat 20 Oct 12 @ 12:40 pm
I dont know if anyone has tried that yet but as soon as vdj 8 comes out you'll be able to seperate the effects to a seperate screen so even though its a good idea and it still might get used vdj 8 will probably defeat the purpose of the skin in the end. if you do do it and it works out well let me know so i can try it out. you ever try your hand at mapping?

Posté Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 11:18 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)