Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet split cue ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i just realised that Virtual DJ does not have the split cue function

this function is vital to me.......

can it really be missing ? or have i just not found how to activate it ?

Posté Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 7:03 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Matty1000 wrote :
i just realised that Virtual DJ does not have the split cue function

this function is vital to me.......

can it really be missing ? or have i just not found how to activate it ?

I think you can do it with advanced audio settings... I'll play with it in a few.

Posté Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 8:57 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
That was it.

Posté Wed 22 Aug 12 @ 9:02 pm
thanks

all i can say is thats not working for me

i tried a bunch of different configurations and each time im getting random results such as he heaphone fader affecting the main volume etc......

im using with numark NS7

yep i think there needs to be a switch on the VDJ interface for this........very fundamental feature !

Posté Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 3:33 pm
Matty1000 wrote :
there needs to be a switch on the VDJ interface for this

How would this be possible though?

Its ability to function would depend on the sound card setup.

For example some users only have one stereo output, and use a splitter cable to run one channel in mono to the master output and the other channel in mono as cue.

Best solution = use a real mixer!

Posté Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 5:22 am
i dont know much about programming, so forgive me for that, but i have used many music production softwares over the years, so i dont see why something like this should be impossible

also i dont see why that has to be done via a re- routing of the sound card outputs.
the signal should be routed "virtually"

imagine the heaphone output as a virtual "effects send" to which you can send either the cued track or the master output
in this case the master can be hard panned to the right, and the cued track would be hard panned to the left

users who are using the mono setup would hardly want the split cue functionality would they?
in any case i dont see why a function like that would be a hinderance to those users

thanks for your suggestion about using a "real mixer" i have many real mixers, but unfortunatly they do not do everthing i need, at the moment. and my current controller is not a "real mixer" so im dependent on virtual djs abilities.

Posté Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 9:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Try using booth instead of master for the headphones output, and map the headphone volume control to do both.

Obviously this isn't switchable on the fly but serves as a workaround.

Posté Sat 25 Aug 12 @ 7:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)