Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mixers?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this isn't in the proper section. It's regarding mixers so I figured it should be here... ,

I am slowly building a new setup. I will have 2 SC3900s and I am trying to look for a good mixer to put with them. I am considering the Denon DN-X600. Does anyone have any experience with the DN-X600 & VDJ? Do they work well with minimal configuration/alteration, or have native support? I looked at the hardware page, but it does not list the DN-X600. I have also tried to search for anything regarding the mixer, but I don't see any specific mention of it with VDJ. I also was not able to find mention of it on these boards, so that made me think it wasn't a decent option.

I am currently thinking of using my VMS4 as my mixer for the time being, but I'd also like to utilize the software control as well as the possibility of 4 "physical" decks to control with the software.

If there are any other suggestions for a "digital mixer" that is decently priced, please let me know as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 3:45 pm
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Heya there, the Denon DN-X600 is a great mixer overall. You probably gonna hear people saying ofc the denon works great with VDJ, everything works with VDJ but the fact is this one does not work well with it, if using timecodes. I had huge latency issues with VDJ7 because of Denons Asio, there for I had to use VDJ6 for a long time. Today I still use it but I got an external audiointerface which made it so much better + I can use VDJ7 once again.

I still recomend the mixer, you can midimap it, it has onboard fx (which are gr8 btw), can splitcue/choose what deck to cue and it's crossfader is just amazing for scratching. I dont know if you use your SC3900s with timecodes or as a midicontroller but I would go with the X600 ether way. In worst case you have to buy a external audiointerface if it works poorly with your system to but there is a VDJ 7.1 around the corner and hopefully they have fixed the latency issues I had.

As far as I have seen I wouldnt switch out my X600 for anything else on the market, basicly because this is one of few mixers that can use midi and at the same time has onboard effects (yes some onboard effects are better then software version).

//Zablar

Posté Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 4:10 pm
If you want a digital mixer (and bearing in mind that the newer Denon decks no longer have onboard FX) take a look at the Allen & Heath Xone:DB4 or DB2 if you're on a budget.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 5:32 pm
Thanks for the input so far guys... I have had a chance to look into the A&H X:DB4, but not the DB2... I think the DB4 might be a little pricey for me right now. I am also considering the Berhinger DDM4000. I have to do a little more research on it. If I could avoid such a big mixer, I'd like to, otherwise, it looks like a front runner because of the functionality, and price.

Pros/cons/thoughts on the DDM4000?

Posté Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 1:42 pm
anyone have any input on the Pioneer DJM-T1 mixer? I was also wondering if it is nativly supported by VDJ, or if someone was able to come up with a reliable mapper for it, and would like to hear your expieriences with this particular mixer. I tried to search the VDJ forums, and google, but I wasn't able to find anything. I know it's Traktor certified. but I'd like to stick with VDJ if i could.

Thanks in advance!

Posté Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 1:12 pm
^^Thank you! I did not know that was possible!

Anyone else here use the DJM-T1? I'd still like to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Again, Thanks in advance!

Posté Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 10:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)