Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Stream Unavailable "Annoying" Error - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem as many above. When I try to do a "Content Unlimited" audio search, half the time it refuses to load any of the results. The NetSearch will usually work more reliably, but not always, and it's very annoying having to sift through a bunch of YouTube videos just to find a decent copy of a track.

Just to catch this before someone jumps on me for it, I do not use NetSearch as my primary, but it's very nice to be able to pull up pretty much anything on the spot. I've been trying VirtualDJ out and I was about to upgrade to Pro and start using it at my gigs, but I'm not dropping money on glitchy software.

Bottom line, I'm paying for a subscription and I expect it to work. Where's the fix?

Posté Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 6:04 am
I am FURIOUS! I was told this was fixed three days ago.

I had a gig last night, and had a playlist made up - half of it were from `Content Unlimited. I cached every one.

Of COURSE right before the gig starts they go DOWN again! I had HALF my set unavailable because of this.

I'm tired of Virtual DJ's LACK of support or care. I'm done.

Posté Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 2:40 pm
If that gig was important to you, why were you relying on playing rented tracks?

Posté Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 2:55 pm
I'm sorry. I thought that PAYING for a service meant you could USE the service. If not they should have a disclaimer:

"Warning: If you have purchased this service do NOT use it."

And I CACHED them -- so why aren't they available even if the SERVICE is down?

I knew someone would come back with that kind of comment though lol.

Posté Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 5:38 pm
Did I say you're not entitled to use it? No!

Atomix themselves clearly state that the service is there as a backup, for emergency use. For that one odd request that you don't have.

For that purpose it's fine. You won't (or shouldn't) need it that often.

Then if you do get someone ask for something a bit off the wall, you can use the service to find the track. If you find the service is down, then simply tell the person you don't have the track, and offer to play another one! Or download the track from somewhere else. There are hundreds of online stores where you can purchase tracks. There are even streaming sites you could use in an emergency.

When all's said and done - if you're finding it unreliable, quit paying/use another service.

The cached files need to be refreshed every so often or they expire. This is because they're rented. They're not yours to keep.

Posté Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 5:28 am
I know how the CACHE works.

And again... if I'm paying for a service that's there for EMERGENCIES... it better darn well be AVAILABLE for emergencies!

PLEASE get off your high horse and stop hijacking this thread. Its for tech support. NOT for your holier than thou speeches.

Posté Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 9:56 am

The service is of course intended to be available at all times.
We had some server issues unfortunately twice in a row, but thats not indicative for the service as a whole.
We have had Netsearch running for years, and the total uptime overall is very good.

That being said, the issues with the service this weekend we are aware of, and will be fixed.
We are taking all steps to make the service as close to 100% uptime as possible, and hopefully the incident this weekend will not happen again.

And can of course understand the frustration, but we'll do our best to make sure it does not happen again.

Posté Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 1:14 pm
Of course it's up to the individual user if they choose to rely on a streaming rental service to provide their music/karaoke/video instead of buying it, when they're working as a pro DJ and earning money from it - but if I were a customer, I'd expect any DJ I hired to own his music, not to be borrowing it. I wouldn't want to hire a DJ who relied on an internet connection at gigs either.

....but that's just me.

Posté Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 4:39 am
@djlexx76

I have moderated your above post due to the amount of expletives used. You are very welcome to post your views on the service however language as used in your posting is not acceptable.

Regards

Keith

Posté Sat 31 Aug 13 @ 9:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)