Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Website Feature Requests - Page: 3

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Thanks for the tip. Will be looking into that.

Posté Mon 30 Dec 13 @ 12:12 am
for the new site can you add some bbcode to add a tab spacing eg

<?php
preg_replace(/^\[TAB]/, "<span class="tab"'></span>");
?>

css:
.tab{
margin-left: 20px;
}

it would make it a lot easier to explain script.

Posté Mon 06 Jan 14 @ 1:21 am
and I think you need to make a direct link to the wiki in the website revision. People are too lazy to go looking for it even thought it's in two of the dropdowns so you need it right in their face.

Another great thing to do would be to follow the stack exchange model of automatically searching for previous posts when you are naming your thread with the wiki as the top results. And if you do that, have restrictions on naming threads "help", "I need help", "sos" etc... you can always run a RegExp onblur of the text box and write an appropriate message the the screen if the name doesn't meet predefined requirements.

Posté Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 4:16 pm
+1 on the search for previous posts... That has come in so handy over the last few months!

Posté Tue 14 Jan 14 @ 11:07 am
synthet1c wrote :
I think you need to make a direct link to the wiki

YES! Times ten.

It needs to be much more obvious that there's a FAQ.

At the moment you have to select community or support/help first, then wiki & manuals, then look carefully among the small text links to find the one that says Frequently Asked Questions. Even when (or if) you get that far, you're then presented with a huge list of further links before you stand a chance of finding an answer.

Some of the links need looking at too. For instance the one headed Configuring Virtual DJ/ Soundcard(s) Setup. Following that link takes you to a page about an Echo Audiofire 4. Why? Is that the only audio interface VDJ uses?

I suppose the help centre's not too bad (the box where you ask a question) but judging by the amount of simple questions regularly asked on the forum, people aren't using that either. Maybe you could place a prominent link to it on the forum front page, encouraging users to "consult the oracle" first.

Posté Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 5:00 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Seems like years ago I requested a simple page header forum sticky with a link years ago... didn't happen then

Posté Sat 18 Jan 14 @ 5:40 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
When V8 drops Kill off all the previous wish posts, They either happened, can't happen or they're not going to happen, start V8 with a somewhat clean wish list.

Posté Sat 15 Mar 14 @ 2:05 pm
Hi Team,

I do not remember whether there but I'd like to have a function that tells me that

I have already downloaded a plug-in on tot so do not download it again

Posté Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 2:28 pm
Norway can you change the background of the code class, I have made a little app to format script to make it easier to read and explain, but the #808080 grey of the code box makes it impossible to use bright vivid color's for highlighting and I'm forced to use poxy washed out colors to get enough contrast to make the text readable. If you could change it to #222 | #333 that would be awesome, and I don't think it would negatively affect any existing posts.

here is what I have so far..

1 | var '$nested' ? 
2 | --->var 'deeper' ?
3 | --->--->var 'crazydeep' ?
4 | --->--->--->nested &
5 | --->--->--->deeper &
6 | --->--->--->crazydeep :
7 | --->--->nested &
8 | --->--->deeper : // this is a comment
9 | --->nested :
10| not nested & // another comment
11| this happens at the end

use this in your mapping
[size=11]var '$nested' ? var 'deeper' ? var 'crazydeep' ? nested & deeper & crazydeep : nested & deeper : nested : not nested & this happens at the end 

created by synthet1c
[/size]

Posté Sun 04 May 14 @ 8:08 am
actually make that #555, below that is a little too dark with the existing theme, this will show you what I mean

var code = document.getElementsByClassName('sourcecode');
for(var i = 0; i < code.length; i++){code.style.background = '#555'};

Posté Sun 04 May 14 @ 9:05 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Nice new forum look, but can we have a "night version" option.....
Too bright, hurts the eyes.

Posté Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:46 am
It's already been suggested and will hopefully be forthcoming.

Posté Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Are we not having a timeline, (*smirk*) sorry, automix editor request thread? Out of all the touted features this one was executed abysmally.

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:17 am
Too right it was executed! LOL

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:27 am
GadgetMan wrote :
A simple like button to stop people quoting an entire Roy

I have always wanted this, but I would like a dislike button too so we can see how many liked and how many disliked. Wish I could of just liked your post :)

Posté Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:09 pm
I'm using a Nokia Lumia 920 running Windows Phone 8.1 when it and about.

Mobile version seems to truncate the right hand side of the text when there is a picture of a URL somewhere on the page. I can't pinch to zoom out, or scroll to the side to see either the missing text or the rest of the picture either.

Menu button at the top of the page slides the page correctly to the side but shows no menu in the new space.

Personally I dislike mobile versions of websites for reasons like this, the option of viewing the full site with a cookie to remember your choice would be great.

IE on the phone has the option of giving the website info regarding which version you want to see, but you continue to get the mobile version even with desktop selected. I'm guessing the browser check isn't set to recognise windows phone correctly...

It's not the end of the world or anything, just annoying when I'm reading a thread and find I can't read half of the words because of it :/

Thanks in advance <3

Posté Tue 27 May 14 @ 8:14 am
Decided to check out the forums on my HTC One (m7) running android kit kat with Firefox browser.

Same problem regarding half of the message missing. This page (3) is doing it, guessing it's from quoted text here though as I don't see any images or links.

Menu on the top of the site is fine on this though...

Can try a few more browsers if needed...

Posté Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:00 am
Please improve the forum search... advanced search options, display 'all' results, search for user, search in topic/post etc.

Today, it's the worst search- function i've ever seen!

THX

Posté Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 2:16 am
It would be useful to have an area that showed which users are currently online.

Also a way to flag posts (which alerts mods/staff).

Example: if you need to alert a mod or staff member to a certain post, then there's no way of seeing if there is a mod/staff logged in, and there's no way to flag/report a post to anyone who's "on duty" so that it can be dealt with swiftly.

Posté Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 9:16 am
groovindj wrote :
Also a way to flag posts (which alerts mods/staff).

Example: if you need to alert a mod or staff member to a certain post, then there's no way of seeing if there is a mod/staff logged in, and there's no way to flag/report a post to anyone who's "on duty" so that it can be dealt with swiftly.

Should be available soon I think. A report button which emails mods and teamers.

I like the "Online" option too. Maybe something that can be added.

Posté Sat 28 Jun 14 @ 9:54 am
28%