Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark N4 Buzzing sound through speakers

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi I am getting a lot of computer noise through my speakers when using the Numark N4. This does not happen on my Toshiba laptop but is doing it on my Samsung and on a Dell laptop. I bought the samsung to replace the Toshiba. The noise stops if I un plug the power cable. Is there anything I can do. Cheers

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 12:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Use the Toshiba AC power adaptor (if the output specs match) and see if it is related to bad quality of the AC adpator of the other computers.

You can also buy a pair of Ground Loop Isolators. (Google or search amazon)

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 12:38 pm
I have narrowed it down to a ground loop problem with the power supply. Is there anyway I can isolate the ground on the power supply. I am not sure if i can use isolators as I run usb to the n4 and then xlr cables direct to powered speakers. The ground loop isolators are for rca cables.

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 1:24 pm
You MUST NOT isolate the ground on the power supply. It's there for a very important reason. Removing it could result in serious injury or even death in the event of a fault.

If you are using XLR, simply purchase an XLR ground loop isolator instead of RCA.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Ground%20Loop.html

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 1:51 pm
@fluffycats, get yourself an Art DTI box.

click me

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 2:15 pm
Alternatively, get a universal AC power adapter that uses a 2-pin (figure-8) connector instead of the 3-pin (clover leaf) connector your current Samsung AC Adapter is using.

The lack of an earth pin will fix the issue.

(Bonus! You can use the universal adapter on your Dell laptop too!)

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:15 pm
Thanks for all your help, I have bought a universal laptop power supply which is double insulated, works a treat with no noise. It also fits the old toshiba so that laptop can be used as a back up.

Posté Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 10:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)