Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Protecting files on hard drive from being copied

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't sure how to search for it?

Anyway, is it possible to protect the files on my computer / external hard drive from being copied yet still allow VDJ to play them? If I have a DJ working for me I need to allow them to play music, but don't want to end up giving someone a music library for free.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 11:55 am
No, that's NOT possible.

There are several ways to "Lock" a folder or an entire drive from unwanted access, but during the "lock" period all your applications will not be able to access the files also.

You can try to "lock" your USB ports so that your fellow dj won't be able to connect anything on them, but still if he has some technical knowledge he'll be able to bypass all these security measures.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 12:02 pm
There has been DJ software in the past that has an onboard encryption system which makes all the files non-playable on
anything but the original software. No one could decrypt them - not even the original DJ!

I guess if you really wanted to secure them, you could find yourself a copy of that software...

Posté Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 5:45 am
I know the software you're referring to... NO WAY! Even when I used it, I wouldn't enable encryption! ;)

Posté Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 5:54 am
Hire a more honest DJ, lol

Posté Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 4:49 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)