Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

As we said before, VirtualDJ 8 is still under beta-testing, and we’ll keep it that way until we’re confident that we nailed every single one of the numerous small bugs that are the unavoidable byproducts of a complete rewrite.
VirtualDJ 7 is a rock-solid piece of software, that is used daily by dozen of millions of DJs around the world without a glitch, and we strongly believe that VirtualDJ 8 should have the same stability. The new features in v8, no matter how groundbreaking, do not justify a loss in stability.
So we’ll continue to whip the new development team until v8 is perfect.

And as we promised, in the meantime, we’ll continue to release improvements on the v7.x series, and port back some of the new features that had been developed for v8.

So here comes VirtualDJ version 7.3:

The focus on this new update is mainly the sound quality.
We’ve improved the audio engine, using 32-bit internal processing, we added an automatic Limiter, an optional new Parametric Equalizer with customizable frequencies, and in general ported back from v8 some new improvements that make VirtualDJ sound better.
VirtualDJ 8 will sound even better, but 7.3 is already a noticeable improvement over the previous versions.

We also ported back from v8 the multi-word search engine.
If you search for “Guetta Love”, the search engine will now show all the results that contain both the word “Guetta” in one of the fields and the word “Love” in the same or any other field. (unlike v7.2 and previous, where it would have shown only files matching the exact string “Guetta{space}Love”).
If you want to search for an exact string with spaces, just include it between double-quotes when you type it in the search field.

And as usual we added native support for the latest and newest controllers that will hit the market soon, and we fixed a few small bugs that had been reported.

As always, version 7.3 is free for all registered Broadcaster/Pro Basic/Pro Full users.
You can download the new installer from your download Center.

Full change log is here.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:26 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thank you.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:32 am
Wow, we're really being spoiled here.

Thanks Stephane!

Keith

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:37 am
Oh wow, thank you. Thank you so much.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:44 am
Great news!
I'm downloading.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:45 am
Well done guys, I've always thought the searching system on vdj was a huge downfall. Glad you've addressed this.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:46 am
Sly DxRPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ty sclavel ;-)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 10:54 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What exactly does the limiter do?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:04 am
Thank you!! Sounds chrispy and I love it!!

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:08 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
DJ Koz wrote :
What exactly does the limiter do?

To prevent distortion of your audio, when you turn up the gains (or eq's)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:12 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
thanks for the new update...

i was just wondering if the new sound improvement will make a difference with controllers that are digital/analogue like the vms4
or will it just be an improvement for those that the software itself dose the mixing???

the multi-word search engine will be a big help ;)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:14 am
Thanks for thses useful updates! I had the loop drop out on me twice last night :( hopefully this fixes the issue. And the new searching will make a huge difference! Thanks guys

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:49 am
sclavel wrote :
in the same or any other field.

Does it only work on text fields? Doesn't seem to work for the year field at the moment. BPM would be useful too.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 11:50 am
SANQUENLO A VER QUE TAL

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:19 pm
OKI, GRACIAS TEAM, A PROBAR SE HA DICHO
Y TMB A SEGUIR ESPERANDO LA VERSION 8, JEJE

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
Does it only work on text fields? Doesn't seem to work for the year field at the moment. BPM would be useful too.

For numeric field, you can (since v1.0) write 2010-2012 or 120-130 to search in a range

But if you mean to mix text and numeric (like "guetta 2010"), then yes it's not implemented in v7.3.
It will work in v8, and probably in v7.4

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:20 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I gig everyday there's no good time to install this :( - but I really want to lol.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:25 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks!!!

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:30 pm
Has the lag on coloured wave forms been fixed?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:32 pm

SBDJMember since 2006
One point that wasn't mentioned in the release info above - those of you suffering the 'loop bug' will be glad to hear that it has been shown the exit :)

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 12:35 pm
5%