Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet toggle-set KEY to Number on Deck Controls

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

prezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
is there an option or toggle you can create to keep the Key on "Key Number" VS "Key" on default?
Each time I open VDJ I have to set set each deck back to the way I use it by double clicking on the Key to change it to Number (the way I mix).
Since its "MY" preference being able to set the way I use my decks and have them stay that way would benefit me, trivial, yes, but its a preference I think I shouldn't have to keep changing each time I launch the program.

Thanks!

DJ Zak

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 1:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its up to the skiners to use small panels instead of textzones with different text lines (text, text2, text3 etc). In other words, what you seek is already possible but you need wither to find such a skin or modify the one you need.

This is an example on how to modify the Key textzone of deck 1 in the Default 2 deck skin 1280x800 resolution.

In line 659 you will find these lines..
<textzone deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<size width="50" height="11"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pkey"/>
<text2 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pkey"/>
<text3 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text4 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text5 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
</textzone>

A. Solution . Leave just the Camelot texts, so the lines should look like..
<textzone deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text2 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text3 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
</textzone>

or just leave the color you need ..
<textzone deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
</textzone>

B. Solution. Create panels that can be remembered next time you launch the software...
<panel id="key1def" group="keys1" visible="yes">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

<panel id="key1cam" group="keys1" visible="no">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

<textzone panel="key1cam" deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
</textzone>
<textzone panel="key1def" deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pkey"/>
</textzone>

Same procedure must be followed for deck 2 (line 1151) but of course you will need to change the panel id and group names.
Save the xml file, update the zip file and you re ready.

Posté Sun 11 Nov 12 @ 3:59 pm
Thanks djdad... I'll take a look at the code and see about that.
can I change the order so that "KEY %Pcamelot" comes default before "KEY %Pkey" ?

Posté Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 3:16 pm
I haven't played with the skin yet but can I do something like this?
will that make the Key number default?

<textzone deck="1">
<pos x="140" y="160"/>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text2 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text3 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#28acff" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pcamelot"/>
<text4 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#908f8d" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pkey"/>
<text5 font="ARIAL GREEK" size="14" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="KEY %Pkey"/>
</textzone>

Posté Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 3:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The first text line (text without number), is the one that loads by default.
Actually it doesnt have to be the first line. If it looks like this ..
<text2 ../>
<text3../>
<text.../>
The 3rd line will be loaded by default.

So, yes to your answer.

Posté Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 1:08 am
after a quick edit it works the way I want... thanks for the heads up and instruction djdad. (BTW, love your mapping of the VMX4)

Posté Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 8:55 pm
Thanks for the tips here. I'm kind of lazy, so opening the source code .xml of the "DDJSX-HD" skin, I did the following to switch from Key to Key(numeric):

1.) download and unzip the .xml
2.) open with notepad
3.) Edit/replace (or ctrl+h)
4.) In "find what" enter: %Pkey
5.) In "Replace with" enter: %Pcamelot
6.) Hit "replace all"
7.) File/Save As and overwrite the original
8.) save the modded .xml in the zip folder
9.) delete your original skin .zip and replace with the new one.

Works like a charm!

Posté Sun 23 Feb 14 @ 11:00 am
LIke!

Posté Thu 27 Feb 14 @ 7:25 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)