Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mixdeck and "Netsearch"

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So, I have to turn my Wireless off on my laptop in order to play VDJ threw my Mixdeck. Not a huge issue, I have my own music and such. However, How do I use the premium "Net search" option, without turning my wireless off? I want to use this feature for when I need a song I dont have available. For example, I'm doing a 90's party, and I clearly do not have every 90s song out there.

Anyway, any loop holes where I can run mixdeck w/ VDJ and have wireless on?

Thanks.

Posté Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 7:52 pm
Well search for all the tracks you think youll need before hand and download them, then right before you leave to your gig refresh them all. But unless you go online during your gig you cant use it to download tracks. What are your system specs cause Netsearch really isnt that taxing on the system.

Posté Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 9:14 pm
Please check your computer manufacturer's website to see if there are any driver/firmware updates available. If so, this may resolve the issues that you are having with wireless enabled.

Also, make sure that your computer has been optimised for DJ use: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Posté Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:50 pm
Well, I have a Dell Inspiron 1500... its pretty old, but its well taken care of. Learned that I had to cut off bluetooth and wireless in order for it to operate with my mixdeck without issue. I have a pretty big show on Thursday, so I don't want to mess around too much with my settings, this weekend Ill look into this weekend and dive into it!

Thanks!

Posté Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 12:28 am
Another option is to purchase an Ethernet wireless adaptor, e.g: http://www.netgear.com/landing/wnce2001.aspx

This will allow you to connect your laptop to it via normal Ethernet cable, avoiding your computer's built-in wireless and its problematic drivers. The external adaptor can be configured to connect to the wireless access point where you are working.

Posté Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 5:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)