Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet I cannot connect to my Icecast 2 Server

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just bought broadcaster

I went into config, I chose mpeg which then lead to an extension lame. ( assuming this for .mp3 )

I put in the correct ip , username , password

I only get an error

I choose the other option OGG it just freezes

Online Support is garbage, I had 3 people ahead of me and as soon as it was my turn, I was booted to a section for submitting tickets. Only because my inquiry was about icecast 2. I tried a few more times, had a few people in front of me, and it happened again as soon as I was next. It is very obvious looking at previous threads that this is a major problem with no solutions that I could find. Thank God i only spent 49 dollars as I was actually going to buy the pro version. To any new buyers please do your research before you buy from this company. I am already seeing signs of unethical practices and its only my first day with this product.

Can someone help me? or can someone recommend me another alternative that will work seamlessly with icecast2?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 1:41 pm

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 1:52 pm
justkickinit wrote :

Online Support is garbage, I had 3 people ahead of me and as soon as it was my turn, I was booted to a section for submitting tickets. Only because my inquiry was about icecast 2. I tried a few more times, had a few people in front of me, and it happened again as soon as I was next. It is very obvious looking at previous threads that this is a major problem with no solutions that I could find. Thank God i only spent 49 dollars as I was actually going to buy the pro version. To any new buyers please do your research before you buy from this company. I am already seeing signs of unethical practices and its only my first day with this product.

Support here is the best I've seen anywhere, bar none. Either you are upset and a lil irrational about the situation or you have unrealistic expectations of online support. One of the support staff or a member of the online community will surely help you.
I broadcast with my pro version all the time.

What is the error message that you receive?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 2:30 pm
Read what I posted. That is exactly what happened to me. Anyone with empathy could understand how jacked up that is.

I first did my research by looking at tutorials, screenshots, and youtube videos. I was like HEY they have an option for both Shoutcast and Icecast2! Im going to get it! Unfortunately it didnt work and now it has been confirmed by VDJ via email ( ticket )

My ticket response:

Hi,

VDj do not support at the moment ICECASt2 with mountpoints!
Sry

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

If you are planning on using ICECAST2, dont look here.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 7:15 pm
UPDATE*

My Icecast host saved the day! He made it work! Flawlessly! If you have Icecast2 or you plan to use Icecast2 and VirtualDJ together as one please go to http://invertedhost.com/ . Their website has no info on Icecast I think but they do have it. I dont know if it was a simple fix or if hes a genius but I was told by VDJ support team that it would not work. See above for the copy and paste from my ticket response. just awesome man. I love the VDJ product, and I love icecast, and i love the support staff for teaching me that it pays to never give up! Good luck my fellow icecasters.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 9:00 pm
If you like VirtualDJ then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support broadcasting (Except for 10 minutes at a time as a trial of the full Pro.)

More broadcasting options may be added in a future version update of the software (Free update for registered licensed users.)

Posté Thu 15 Nov 12 @ 9:05 pm
i downloaded virtual dj a few weeks ago, but im having a problem. the songs only last for 30 seconds, what can i do to correct this problem?

Posté Wed 22 May 13 @ 6:52 pm
Please do not hijack topics by posting a message or question that is not related in any way.

Your question has nothing to do with broadcasting to an IceCast 2 server.

Please open your own new topic by clicking on the pen and paper icon at the top of the main forum topic list page.

NOTE: If you are trying to load and play songs via the ContentUnlimited or NetSearch folder, then this is a subscription service and you need an active subscription to be able to load and play songs in full.

Please see our FAQ pages:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20ContentUnlimited.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20use%20ContentUnlimited.html

Posté Wed 22 May 13 @ 8:37 pm
This Can Be Handled From The Icecast Side

================================
From the Icecast 2.3.3 Documentation

The following shows how we can extend a single listen-socket to work with shoutcast style source clients. There are two issues shoutcast source clients have over icecast source clients, one is the lack of mountpoint and the second is the requirement of two ports. Both of these issues are handled by a simple addition in the listen-socket.
<listen-socket>
<port>8000</port>
<shoutcast-mount>/live.mp3</shoutcast-mount>
</listen-socket>

As before the port specified is allocated but this time the shoutcast-mount implicity defines a second listening socket whose port number is always one higher than the port defined, this also informs icecast of which mountpoint the shoutcast source client on this socket will be using. Using this approach you can allow multiple shoutcast source clients to connect at the same time.
================================

When Any Source connects To The Icecast Server At Port 8000 in this example
the /Mount Is Set By Implication To be /live.mp3
And The Source Does not need To Supply A Mount.

Each Compatible Mount Will Need A Defined Listen-Socket At a Different Port

I Have Personally Tested Compatibility The Current With VirtualDJ Broadcaster
And Can State that It Works :)

ttfn
Derek

Posté Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 2:50 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)