Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet CPU Usage on video in VDJ 7.3

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I have upgraded to the latest version of VDJ 7.3 and have noticed a considerable increase in amount of cpu usuage when using Video.

It is very noticable when loading two videos into decks with the cpu usuage hitting the "red" area
and when playing live some videos have an impact on the live video's (playing) audio when playing.

In my old version 7.05, I never had an issue and the CPU Usage was rarely more than 5 - 15%

Now I am hitting between 5 - 85%

My PC is NEVER changed apart from upgrading VDJ - no software gets loaded/upgraded, even windows updates!!

I am using a Denon MC6000 controller in 4 deck midi mode and I am using Denon'e own asio drivers.

The skin I am using is the 4 deck swap.

The PC is a dual core 2.00Ghz with 4GB Ram

I have looked at the options and turned off the likely suspects of CPU usage:

Decode While Hidden
Decode in Multithread

My latency is below 500us

Is there anything else I should be looking at or is it a simple case my hardware is no longer powerful enough?

Many thanks

Posté Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 4:50 am
joubejoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having a similar problem. Video gets choppy and have seen the program crash several times. No problem with non-video files though.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 4:59 am
joubejo wrote :
I'm having a similar problem. Video gets choppy and have seen the program crash several times. No problem with non-video files though.

I haven't seen it that severe. Check your latency with DPC Latency checker.

As a test I have re-configured VDJ under the advance settings and used the WDM driver for the MC6000
and the CPU usuage dramatically drops to where it was in my previous version.

I also tested using ASIO4all and the CPU usage is just as bad with Denon's own.

So I am guessing when using ASIO drivers the video engine in VDJ is causing a high CPU usage.

I'm sure the video engine has been re-written in VDJ 7.3.

Try it yourself and drop to WDM drivers.

Would love to know if you get the same result.

EDIT: Raised a support ticket - thank you

Posté Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 6:01 am
OK

I have got to the bottom of this.

1. I uninstalled VDJ and left the settings installed.
2. Removed VDJ Entries manually from registry
3. Stopped all but crucial services - I had previously missed a couple that had a slight effect on CPU :(
4. Reinstalled VDJ 7.03

I am now back to where I was before running 4 decks @ between 5-15% MAX depending on video file type
and about 20% MAX when loading video into decks.

Happy :)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 12 @ 5:34 pm
Are you (or were you) running the skin at your native screen resolution - not resized?

Posté Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 5:01 am
wow , i posted this day two of the upgrade.. the secret was loading the registry tool then changing the settings in it. It changed everything. try it.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 9:38 pm
Can you please share what you have changed in the registry tool. I am not very familiar with this tool and I am experiencing the same issue.

Posté Sat 23 Feb 13 @ 10:22 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)