Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Autofade Macro

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am trying to add an autofade macro to a new skin. I would like it to monitor deck 1 for elapsed time, when the specified value is reached...say 60 seconds...trigger a deck 1 volume fade from 75% to 0% over about five seconds. Why? Imagine an audition where hundreds of singers and dancers get a minute to show their talent...then on to the next one...for twelve hours straight.

So far the best solution that I have achieved is to map a key for "deck volume -0.06%". Holding that key down gives a smooth five second fade...but I still have to keep one eye on the elapsed time. I would like macro to watch the time for me. I envision a button added to the skin that, when selected, would take care of the time keeping and trigger the fade. I have successfully added other buttons, but this script has proved elusive.

I have experimented with the FadeOut plugin, but using that effect is not much different than what I am doing now...but it could be an option if triggered by elapsed time.

As my scripting skills consist of copying an existing script and tweaking it to my needs, I assume that the problem is in my limitation...not VDJ.

Help?

Posté Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 10:45 am
I could give you a solution. However you must be a registered user of VirtualDJ PRO Full:

1) Download the following plug-in: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12817/WatchDog.html
2) Set the automix duration to 5 seconds from VDJ configuration
3) Load the tracks you want on the playlist.
4) If you want to have dead air between the tracks make sure that between them you "insert" dead air by creating a "silent" mp3 file.
5) Hit Automix
6) Done!

PS: What you want to achieve can't be accomplished in another way I'm afraid since queries work ONLY when you press the button...

Posté Tue 27 Nov 12 @ 11:50 am
Thank You. This is useful information. Also...regarding queries...I had that suspicion.

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 10:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)