Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Processor assistance

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJANEZHome userMember since 2006
Hi

Hi have a laptop with the following specifications

AMD V120 2.2 Ghz processor
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon integrated video card

Virtual DJ works fine.
It doesn't freeze, but the CPU bar is most of the time full..
I use it for music and karaoke.

Now, I want to buy a new processorl.
I think I'm going to buy AMD Phenom II Quad-Core a 1.7 Ghz

I was reading the a processor assigns a process to a unique core.. So, it is better the 2.2 Ghz single-core processor, or the 1.7 Ghz. quad-core processor? ? ?
VirtualDJ works with a single process?

Thanks in advance for your help
PD.: Sorry for my english

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 8:30 am
Quad core will generally be better than single core (You will have 4x 1.7Ghz vs 1x 2.2Ghz.) VirtualDJ is a multi-threaded application and will benefit from multiple cores. Background Windows services and other applications running at the same time will also benefit. A decent graphics card with dedicated video RAM is also strongly recommended for video mixing.

On a single core system, high CPU usage is normal when loading a song, but it should not be like this all the time. If this is the case, then you may have performance issues with your computer and/or configuration (The most common cause is resizing or maximising the skin.) Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

NOTE: The full VirtualDJ Professional is required to be able to play video and/or karaoke full-screen: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - All other versions are limited to a small video window that cannot be resized.

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 11:46 am
DJANEZHome userMember since 2006
Thank you very much...

Yes I'll buy the Quad-Core processor thank you.
Yes, the CPU bar is always full when loading a song, then it goes down to like a half, or something around... But with my desktop pc, AMD Phenom X3, the bar keeps like 2 or 3 bars in the CPU bar.... Around 5%
And the video card I have is an AMD ATI RADEON HD 4250.
And Yes, I'll buy the pro version soon...

Thank you again

Posté Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 1:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)