Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Add songs to database

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj-4-uPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My Question: Why Add Songs to Database?

I recently purchased a new external hard drive and combined my karaoke and mp3s to one drive. When I hooked up the drive, I was able to search the drive and it found everything I searched for. I didn't add the drive to my database, yet it found everything on the drive. When I click on config and browser, the drive shows up and shows all the files.

I click on add to search database and it takes a few hours for virtual to scan the drive...

So, if virtual will find the songs without adding to search database, why should I go through this lengthy process???

Thanks!

Posté Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 3:30 am

Posté Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 5:29 am
VirtualDJ will not find songs when searching (Typing in the search box) unless they have been added to its database. It doesn't know that they exist otherwise, unless you have previously loaded them to a deck and played them (By default VirtualDJ automatically adds songs as you play them.)

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20search%20DB.html

NOTE: Adding songs to the database may take some time for a large number of files (A few minutes per each 10,000.) If you have a large number, then you should perform this task at home (After adding songs) when you have plenty of time to wait for it to complete, rather than trying to do it last minute at a gig.

Analysing songs for BPM is a completely different matter and will take considerably longer. If you have a large number of songs to analyse, you should leave it running over night. See the above link (http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-Analysing%20Your%20Music%20Collection.html) for further details.

Posté Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 8:31 am
dj-4-uPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you for the responses. My computer was actually finding the songs before I added to search database. I was under the impression that I had to scan the hard drive to add them to the search database as you both suggested but it was working great prior to adding them. So, I wasn't sure if I was missing something. Thanks again!

Posté Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 9:43 am
If you're browsing through your music folders using the computer icon on the left side of the VDJ browser window, then VDJ will add songs in those folders to the database automatically as you browse (if you have the config option set to 'add automatically').

Posté Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 10:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)