Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Maya 44 usb & timecoded vynil

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding my setup as I ran into some trouble getting a clean signal.
1st I configured my maya according to this page
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Maya44%20USB.html
However it says
Input section: Sliders should be 3/4 of the way up. The Mute tick box needs to be ticked (Otherwise you will hear the timecode signal (High-pitched whine)
Now when I mute the input selection, I always get 0% signal.
Is the info on that page wrong or am I missing something?
2nd question is about the vinyl option inside the vdj config.
How do I know wich type to select, I ordered my vinyl from your website somewhere in 2005, or atleast that's what the cover says from my vinyls. I did get it to work with the virtualdj vinyl option but not sure if this is the recommended setting for the one's I have.

Happy holidays,
Das

Posté Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 7:23 am
Hi, I'm not sure what's going on with your setup exactly, but you have the correct option for the virtual dj vinyl I think, the other options are there for if you buy either traktor or Serato vinyl so you can get those to work, that's all.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 7:34 am
Thank you very much for your input Sir, I am still confused as to why there are several virtual dj vynil options but not a better description to know wich one you actually have.
As I said in the OP, I bought mine several years ago so I wouldn't be suprised if I had to take the older option.
What did suprise me is the fact that I bought them directly from this website & even support can't tell me wich ones I have or what option I should use. They referred me to the manual but there's basicly no 'real' info about in in there

Das

Posté Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 3:43 pm
Sorry I can't help more, but hopefully somebody who knows will see this and answer.

With a lot of these things, it's just experimenting for yourself that gets the best results.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 4:29 pm
i am using win7, ibattlepack, maya44usb, vdj7 pro, serato scratch live vinyls.

i just got my setup working today. and i am a novice with this. i was having issues as well with my Maya. I followed the instructions and when i would set my input level to 3/4 and check mute, my slider would go back to 0. so i decided to leave the input and output unmuted. this allowed me to get audio. like i said, i am a novice so i don't know if this will cause issues in the long run.

i am using serato scratch live. and i am using the serato beta instead of the one for v2. i couldn't get the sound out with v2, but i could with beta. there is also a section on how to set up your timecodes i used this to also get my stuff working.

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TimeCode%20Config.html

hope this helps.

n$$

Posté Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 10:53 pm
oh, i forgot...your post is what actually what pointed me in the right direction and got my stuff working. so thank you!

n$$

Posté Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 10:56 pm
Happy it helped you out :P

Posté Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 5:31 am
dasouth2004 wrote :
Now when I mute the input selection, I always get 0% signal.
Is the info on that page wrong or am I missing something?

I think mute needs to be enabled only on the monitor section, not the input or output - so yeah, I'd say it's wrong.

Posté Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 3:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)