Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet AMD HD 7690M video freeze - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have read a ton about this video freezing with no real fix. Brand new lenovo y470p laptop, 8gb ram, win 7, AMD HD 7690M. The videos will play fine until I switch songs then the new video will freeze when i stop the old one and the new one will resume when I load another track. I also get the message about not enough Ram. I have looked at AMD's website for new drivers for the video card. Their is no new or old drivers to install. I have tried the tricks in the Reg with no success. Please help I spin 4 nights a week and it is making me look bad!

Posté Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 1:42 pm
I have found AMD Catalyst™ 12.11 Beta Driver. It was not listed under the drivers for my card when i searched for them under the driver search. But it was one of the most visited pages on their site. Anyone try this? I also found lots of older drivers for catalyst anyone try them? If so what one worked for you?

Posté Thu 27 Dec 12 @ 1:50 pm
What are your settings in the Registry Tool?

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 11:58 pm
Yes I have no luck. Very frustrated!!

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 12:02 am
In the Registry Tool, try changing the VideoMemoryMaxUse to 1

Check the Deinterlace & YV12Bug boxes

Uncheck videouseallmemory

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 12:18 am
****ed up again. Might as well pay the 200 for sorato video. I own a ns7. I guess I now know why everyone hates on Vdj. Great when you can get it to work. About to lose a customer if I can not getse help

[Moderated: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts.]

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 1:54 am
Enable video get error in video driver full bar can not restart

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 1:56 am
Sorry I will give you the settings when I am done spinning

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:01 am
Tryed videodeinterlace on and off same with yv12 bug. Videomem use 512 nvida freeze bug on

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:04 am
Help me please

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:07 am
one of the most stress full nights of my life glad it's over. Won't setting maxvideouse to 1 make my videocard useless?

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:30 am
My AMD works with it set on 1.... I tried everything to get it to run smoothly prior to setting it to 1.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 10:04 am

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 1:18 pm
Well it is not just my video card or my video card manufacturer for that matter. Their are many many people wirh ATI and nVidia having video freeze issues, and setting maxviduse to 1 is not a fix. It is telling VDJ to ignore my 1gb of video memory. You guys tell me to wait for ATI to fix it and ATI tells me to wait for you to fix. Passing the buck dose not help me receive a stable working product. I have invested over a grand in pc and software alone. The videocard list on your wiki is blank so it is a crap shoot when buying a laptop to get one that works with your product. I just want it to work!

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:12 pm
Everyone here has a story about a previous set-up that failed.... no doubt in front of a crowd.

Theres no guarantee anything is going to work like it should, thats why skydivers have reserves.

I wish I could offer more help, I'm still trying to get my new W8 machine to play nice with VDJ & a NS7.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 3:53 pm
For the vast majority of users VirtualDJ works perfectly. The users who you see posting in the forums only represent a very small number of our users. Most users won't visit forums like these unless they are experiencing a problem.

You should not need to set VideoMemMaxUse to 1 under normal circumstances (Although with a decent spec. computer, it shouldn't have a significant impact and may be a solution if nothing else works.)

Preferably, you should try to find video drivers that work properly. Check your computer and/or video card manufacturer's website to see if updated drivers and/or BIOS are available and try them. If this doesn't help, also try older versions if you can find them (Before the bug was introduced.)

You should also try using the registry tool to toggle the options VideoYV12Bug and nVidiaFreezeBug because depending on the drivers/video card, these can resolve the problem in some cases.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 4:00 pm
Well I thank both of you for your replies. Last night I updated catalst to the new beta version still had the leak. I will go to work early tonight and try some previous builds see if I can find one that works. Would be helpful if anyone has tried earlier versions to let us know the newest working build. My rackmound PC with xp that I had working flawlessly died just before xmas. Only using my laptop till I get my new PC components.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 4:38 pm
I've been having that issue with a lot of systems but it seems to only be a problem with notebooks. I've got an ACER with an ATI video card and have been having this issue since day 1. I have done a lot to my system to try and fix it but it seems like a few weeks after I fix it, the problem shows up again. The other system I tried it on was an MSI with an NVIDIA video card, same issue. Another person I work with got a brand new HP with an ati video card, same issue as well. Older systems don't seem to have this issue because they're locked in to the older video card drivers.

My desktop system doesn't seem to have this problem though but that's because I can update the drivers directly from the ATI website I believe. Almost every notebook out there requires that you go through their website and most of the time that involves using stock drivers. I've contacted almost every company of the systems I've been doing these fixes to and all of them say that they don't allow updated drivers because the system was "designed to work with the drivers that are sent with the system".

If someone can link some drivers that work and maybe link an installation guide to bypass the manufacturer lock, please post them.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 11:27 pm
Yeah none of the older catalyst builds support my vid card so I can not downgrade. Got maxvid set to 1 in the reg but now vob's won't play. Grrrrrrr

Posté Sat 29 Dec 12 @ 11:37 pm
Still getting random backspin noises. Sounds like the song is catching up. Hope this dose not turn into another 32 page topic with no real solution.

Posté Sun 30 Dec 12 @ 12:04 am
80%