Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Reloop Beatmix question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

greggenPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I bought a reloop beatmix controller, but I rather play virtual vinyl timecoded (pioneer)

Is there any posibility to connect the reloop controller as a sampler/effectbox when you play timecoded?

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 2:02 am
Yes, you can use the Reloop Beatmix and/or any other MIDI controllers at the same time as time code. You can use it to trigger effects, samples, etc. as well as optionally control the decks if you need to (Providing timecode is set to smart or relative mode.)

NOTE: The Beatmix cannot be used as a timecode sound card because it isn't intended for this purpose and doesn't have the required inputs . However, you can use a suitable timecode sound card instead of the audio interface built into the Beatmix.

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 4:17 am
greggenPRO InfinityMember since 2011
thx a lot!

What's the easiest way to connect both?

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 5:09 am
Simply plug each into a USB port on your computer. You will need one USB port the Beatmix and another for your timecode sound card.

NOTE: If you won't be using an external hardware DJ mixer in your setup, then you will need to use a timecode sound card that also has a headphone output (Or alternatively a headphone amp with RCA phono inputs.) You can then configure your timecode sound card for Inputs: Timecodes, Outputs: Headphones

IMPORTANT: If you are not using an external hardware mixer then you will not have any backup to fall back on should you have a problem with your computer (The Reloop Beatmix is a MIDI controller only and will cease to function without DJ software running.) If you are a working DJ, having a backup on standby is extremely important and strongly recommended. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Do%20I%20need%20a%20backup%20system%20on%20stand-by.html

Posté Fri 28 Dec 12 @ 5:41 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)