Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Sujet Too many conversions?!?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Has anyone ever suffered video loss as a result of too many output conversions over distance?

In my case it was dvi from my video card to vga(one cable) into a Kramer switcher then from there vga out to a cat5 converter and back to vga at the screens.
I've suffered a similar problem with a one hundred foot run of s-video into an amp then component to bnc into a matrix switcher.
In the later situation the signal would disconnect after five minutes. In the other it shut down the video in Virtual dj completely....black screens.

Point is, every time I have one of these stupid conversion festivals I get video issues. Anybody else?

Normally I do straight runs but different venue have different equipment and it's not always possible to have full lengths of every single format.
Some places have really ridiculous video setups because 50 different techs have done an installation to their individual preference.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 13 @ 6:48 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I don't get any of these problems.

I think a bit lucky with what I am using...

I will post pictures and brand/model of what I got.

I don't use DVI though, only HDMI and VGA. And I could run 2 projectors up to 250 ft without any issues.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 9:12 am
That's normal. With VGA you start to lose attenuation after 200ft. HDMI 100 ft. Cat5 runs are usually found in 300 and 500ft lengths.
I'm not a fan of converting from format to format. What I want to know though is has anyone had any loss of signal after converting a few times over different formats. It's happened to me twice with the common denominator being a Kramer device.

Not knocking Kramer in any way here guys. I own Kramer gear and find it quite reliable. There must be a reason why the signal was interrupted and the only time it happens is after a series of conversions.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 3:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)