Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sound is bad on Numark Omni

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Raymi5PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have done a clean install on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ,and have put the lastest drivers and latest graphics card on laptop (DELL XPS M1710 ) ,also update drivers using a driver update software ,installed the latest drivers for the Numark Omni ,everytime I open the VDJ and start playing music then scroll down the playlist using the omni i get a destorsion sound it is very bad and I get it though my earphones too .
I though it might been the soundcard on omni but no ,though it was the usb cable coming from the omni to laptop but no , I change the lacencey setting on all in omni ASIO and preference on all sethting and tick and untick boxes but no , I have another laptop which I use for surfing web and other stuff I installed vdj on that and play music though that and seems to work fantastic (but i dont want to use that for gigs) .
After pulling out some of my hair and a lot of F,ing and B,tards LOL I think I found out my solution I have Nividia Geforce Go 7950 GTX graphics card 2 gig I unstalled that and installedthe onboard graphics card reboot and the played music for 30 mins and destorsion sound is away ,but the graphics is not as good with the name tags not as clear and skins , if you know what I mean .Is there any way of using the graphics card again , I had change settings on the NiVida card before I unstalled it but no luck and it was the lastest update and the setting was input none , output headphones and ASIO omni sound card.
Would be great if someone could help
Thank you in advance

Posté Fri 04 Jan 13 @ 1:27 pm
Are you using Aero on Windows 7?

I have an NVIDIA card in my desktop, and have to disable Aero when using any software that needs low latency ASIO, to avoid clicks, pops and gaps in the audio.

Posté Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 6:51 am
Hi groovindj can you please tell me what is your latest driver for the Nividia card I have use the update to the the lastest driver from NiVidia website but I have done google and found that there are recent 1s .Mine is at 179.48 and tryd the later one which is 179.67 driver for 64bit windows 7

Posté Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 7:32 am
There's no point in me telling you what driver I'm using - it's a different card.

Try disabling Aero.

Posté Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 9:35 am
Had tried that but still no luck disabling aero , after 5hrs I done a lot of installing and reinstalling even tryd to use 32bit Nvidia drivers on laptop I seem to get it work ok now have been playing on the omni but no distortion sound ,I think it might have been somthing to do with installing some dell drivers back on the laptop chipset drivers I think :( , Its a good spec laptop so i thought it good handle anything and im also using Aero and its ok with that too .
I dont like torchering myself :'-(

Posté Sat 05 Jan 13 @ 10:30 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
It could be nvidia's stupid powermiser cause the popping. There are some tools on the web to disable it.
See if that will work. I called it pop a miser on my xps1330.

Thanks,
David

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 7:43 pm
Hi sorry for bring this up again but im having a nightmare with this working with virtual dj ! I had it working on that day ok then i shut down laptop for few days then I went back to laptop again to use it with omni but the sound distortion is back again :( i havent touch anything to do with settings , Im starting to get abit annoyed now after paying for the software thats not working correctly with laptop and can i upload any song to this site to let u hear the distortion ? and also i have notice that when i loaded drops in my samples when i shut down laptop and start again they dissapear could any1 give advice on this mater please .
Thanks

Posté Thu 10 Jan 13 @ 4:44 am
As I thought it something to do with NVidia Graphics card after doing more of unistalling and reinstalling windows and updating drivers and pulling more hair out :oO,I have figured out on the Virtual dj skins I have to put skin size to 1280 x 768 stretch it out to nearly full size of screen then sound gets distortion, this is with Numark Omni Controller , my graphic card is Nvidia Geforce 7950 GTX screen resolution recommended is 1920 x 1200 , can someone give me advice please would be greatful .

Dell XPS M1710
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
4G Ram
500gig Harddrive

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 6:19 am
Ah, now we get to the bottom of the problem!

You have to use a skin with a resolution that is the same as your screen. Don't resize one that's a different resolution.

This is why skins come in different resolutions. You use the correct one for your screen.

If your screen is 1920x1200 then you need to use a skin that is also 1920x1200.

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 7:03 am
groovindj wrote :
Ah, now we get to the bottom of the problem!

You have to use a skin with a resolution that is the same as your screen. Don't resize one that's a different resolution.

This is why skins come in different resolutions. You use the correct one for your screen.

If your screen is 1920x1200 then you need to use a skin that is also 1920x1200.

Hi Groovindj yes i done that but the sound was distorting thats why i had to make screen size smaller but i think ive crack it Fingers X , I went into settings on Nvida Control Panel DISPLAY and in Change flat panel scalling to check Use NVIDIA scaling,then into Video & Television -Adjust video image settings edge enhancement to Use the Nvdia settings and Noise reduction Use the Nvida settings . I really hope that ive done it this time its just a relief now ive narrow it down to the Nvidia card

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 8:10 am
You're giving conflicting information...

First you were saying that you were using a skin which was too small, and stretching it.

Now you're saying you were running a native (correct) resolution, getting audio distortion, and had to use a smaller skin to cure it.

At least that's how it reads.

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 8:44 am
groovindj wrote :
You're giving conflicting information...

First you were saying that you were using a skin which was too small, and stretching it.

Now you're saying you were running a native (correct) resolution, getting audio distortion, and had to use a smaller skin to cure it.

At least that's how it reads.

Sorry Groovindj for not explaining very well (im not good at that ) i had been running virtual dj skin size 1920 x 1200 and the sound was very bad so i went down all the size size and then found the 1 which was suitable which was 1280 x 768 but the tag names was very small so i stretch it to see names more clearly but when i stretch it it distorted again ,so I went in to NVidia settings and adjusted some of the settings (as i have posted above)and now I dont hear any distortion sound anymore when i use skin size 1920 x 1200 , I was hearing the distortion sounds when I was scroll up and down the songs using the Numark omni controller before I touch any of setting .

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 9:04 am
OK so it does seem to be more related to your NVIDIA settings than the VDJ skin.

Just be aware than stretching an incorrect skin size will stress the computer. In VDJ8 this apparently will no longer be a problem.

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 9:15 am
groovindj wrote :
OK so it does seem to be more related to your NVIDIA settings than the VDJ skin.

Just be aware than stretching an incorrect skin size will stress the computer. In VDJ8 this apparently will no longer be a problem.

Right thanks for that ,can you tell me when is VDJ8 is out

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 9:26 am
No - it's in development, and when it's finished & tested it'll be released.

They never give dates in advance, because they can slip.

Posté Sun 13 Jan 13 @ 2:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)