Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Plain 'Ol Audio Mixer Connectivity....

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I think that I am having a language/terminology problem in the PC support area so I thought I would ask here.

I have a Behringer Xenyx 1204 audio mixer that I want to connect to my PC's Soundblaster audio card so that I can mix audio from the mixer with the audio from Virtual DJ Pro Basic into the Broadcast encoder (lame.dll) integrated into Virtual DJ Pro Basic.

I do not have a mixer device that uses an ASIO driver (although I do have some sort of ASIO-like driver on my hard drive in the Sony Acid app folder).

When I try to configure the line input in the Config Menu, I am given "ASIO driver" as the only configuration choice.

1. I it possible to connect an analog mixer this way?

and

B. How do I ditch the ASIO only driver configuration in Line Input?

Thanks in advance!

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 10:34 am
Double posting won't get your question answered any quicker - but it will incur the wrath of the mods, who are likely to lock any such posts.

ackerdackerly wrote :
When I try to configure the line input in the Config Menu

How are you doing this? Describe the steps.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 12:27 pm
Since there are more than a few reads on this thread despite it's unfortunate branding as double-posting, I'll describe my solution to this problem here.

The simple workaround for broadcasting using Virtual DJ (probably any version) with an external mixer is to set the Input in Configuration to Simple, then install an external encoder (like Edcast Standalone 3).

Configured this way, the audio stream from Virtual DJ (Wave channel on the PC's soundcard mixer) can be mixed with the external mixer (Line input) on the PC's soundcard mixer. The standalone Encoder will process both the VDJ and the Mixer line in audio as one stream.

The only problem with this workaround occurs when you have to start the stream very fast as in when you are following another broadcaster on the same server.

In that case you must give the standalone encoder "focus", click on the "start stream' button, give VDJ focus then quickly click to start your first audio element on VDJ - all in quick succesion.

I hope that this helps!

Posté Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 1:45 pm
ackerdackerly wrote :
set the Input in Configuration to Simple

How ? You said you only had ASIO as an option.

Posté Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 5:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)