Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DAC-3 Mapper?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Yes, I know it's an old audio controller, but I really loved the simplicity of the DAC-3 and am going back to it in one of my mobile rigs. However, I can't find the "boggis" mapper that I used to use a few years ago. Is this available for VDJ 7? When I was using that mapper with the DAC-3, it felt so much more comfortable than any other audio controller I've used since.

Any help here would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 1:10 pm
These mappers were no longer usable when the scripting changes came with version 6.

As far as I know the DAC3 is natively supported in the current version of VDJ, and if not it can be mapped easily.

Keith

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 1:19 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
These mappers were no longer usable when the scripting changes came with version 6.

As far as I know the DAC3 is natively supported in the current version of VDJ, and if not it can be mapped easily.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Yes, I did assume that the newer versions of the software had something to do with the older mappers not being available anymore. The DAC3 does work just fine with the latest versions of the software, but it's not the same as the old boggis mapper that I was so used to (and would LOVE to have access to again).

How can I map the DAC3 myself though? I did a quick search here on the forum, but didn't find anything definitive.

Posté Sun 06 Jan 13 @ 11:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The legacy DLL mappers won't function under v6 onwards as a whole new mapping/controller system was implemented.

The DAC-3 will be detected and by default give you a functional mapping. You can extend this using VDJScript, but if you're looking to get to the level of JPs old mapper you've got a big learning curve ahead of you :)

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 8:57 am
Ok, so I figured out the Script thing and got the DAC-3 working exactly to my liking! Thanks for the info guys.

Next question....
What about the DAC-2? I have one of those as well and would love to use it as a backup, but it doesn't even register as an audio controller. Can someone tell me if the DAC-2 can be used in the latest version of VDJ?

Posté Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 8:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posté Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 12:46 am
Thanks. Does it make a difference if I'm running XP?

Posté Wed 09 Jan 13 @ 11:18 pm
Just an update to this thread....

I posted this reply in the thread that SBDJ linked above. If anyone knows the answer to where I'm at, any additional pointers would be appreciated!

"I'm attempting to use a DAC-2 on an XP-based laptop, but am having some issues getting the drivers installed.

After downloading & extracting the x86 (32-bit) VCP drivers, I can't get past one step. It is my belief that there is a missing file from the download that is the problem. Here's the folder that was downloaded: http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/ItaliaTib2k3/driver1_zps0e028c81.jpg

Inside the i386 folder is this:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/ItaliaTib2k3/driver2_zpsce91127a.jpg

When I try to "install from a specific location", it comes up with this error message:
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l264/ItaliaTib2k3/driver3_zps41e29fb0.jpg

So basically, I'm at a point that I can't get past, and would greatly appreciate any tech assistance on this issue. Would anyone be kind enough to give me a hand with this? Thanks!"

Posté Fri 31 May 13 @ 8:23 am
A quick Google reveals that the DAC-2 drivers are available from the PCDJ web site:

direct ZIP download

It'd be better to use those than a third party bodge.

Oh, and you shouldn't cross post!

Posté Fri 31 May 13 @ 8:41 am
Oh ok, thank you! Guess I should have thought of that.

So now I've got the drivers, but the DAC-2 does not show up as an option in VDJ Settings under the Mappers tab. After a search on the forum, I found this thread...
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/143283/PC_Version_Technical_Support/DAC2_Controller_wont_recognize_in_devices.html?search=dac2&page=1

I followed the instruction posted there, but after a rescan, the DAC-2 still does not show up as an option. It only says "Keyboard" in the drop-down menu.

Any advice what to do now?
Thanks again!

Posté Fri 31 May 13 @ 12:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)