Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows 8, Lenovo Twistpad. Video is jerky

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I love this program! Been playing with the demo on my Win 7 desktop. When I tried it on my new Win 8 (i7, 8 gig RAM) Lenovo Thinkpad Twist laptop, the video is very jerky and stutters. The CPU usage bar top left of the program shows it being well in the green. Is it just a Win 8 thing or my computer?

Thanks!!
Justin

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 11:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It has an embedded Intel HD 4000 graphics card which doesn't meet our system requirements for video mixing. It will require some tweaking and hoping that Intels W8 drivers are spot on.

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 11:48 am
Thanks for your help. I wasn't able to download any of the registry tools from the links. I did update the video driver on my laptop. I noticed when I don't display on another monitor, just using the pop up screen it is nice and smooth IF, I deselect the "Use Hardware Acceleration" box on the video output preferences. But it seems that box needs to be selected cause I can't output to a second display if I deselect "Use Hardware Acceleration."

That sucks. It works great on my 3 year old Asus Pentium Dual-Core CPU ES400, 2.70GHz, 6 gig RAM. It only has an Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset Graphics.

Oh well, my Lenovo Twistpad blazes when it comes to editing HD video on Sony Vegas, and is otherwise great. I guess I'll have to keep searching for a VJ program, or maybe wait till the software catches up to Windows 8.

Thanks again,
Justin

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 1:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not a Windows 8 issue, it's related to the fact that your video card isn't great. Serato Video for example will simply refuse to run on Intel HD cards under Windows. You simply don't meet the system requirements. Editing video is very different from extremely low latency realtime audio in sync with multiple video tracks rendered to a 3D surface.

All that aside there are tweaks that will make the card work - set VideoMemMaxUse to 16 and test enabling YV12Bug. You'll have to do that manually since you aren't a licensed user. You may still run into limitations - particularly with lots of effects, video recording or some HD content.

Plenty of users are running under Windows 8 already, including my development machine which I am posting from now.

Posté Mon 07 Jan 13 @ 5:06 pm
Thanks for your insight. I am hopeful that it is as you say, an issue with my video. Then is the fix to just get a laptop with dedicated video memory? How much is sufficient and what are you using? And is an i3 a good enough processor or do I need more? I no longer have that Lenovo so I'm still looking.

Again, I appreciate your help!
Justin

Posté Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 1:30 am
Also, what brand of computer and memory are you using?

Posté Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 1:34 am
I've managed to get my Acer windows 8 machine to do everything but run VOBS which is a nuisance (all tips gratefully received). It has the dreaded HD4000 graphics but then so did my macbook pro and that ran without any tuning.

I'd appreciate any help just before I go through the pain of converting my vobs to mp4 :)

And btw Windows 8 is truly awful imo.

Posté Wed 29 May 13 @ 12:18 pm
I have a thinkpad twist as well, and I got everything working great, but I can't seem to figure out what to set for the audio configurations when connecting my computer to a American Audio VMS2. Please Help! THANKS!

Posté Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 8:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)