Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet vms4 randomly turns off

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm running a vms4 (firmware 3.11) with vdj pro 7.3 on windows 7 64-bit. My board will randomly reset in the middle of songs. The software keeps running but the board resets or looses power or something, therefore the music stops and I have to turn the board off and then back on to resume playing. This happened like 5 times at a gig tonight and it was very frustrating frustrating. I've tried running the board on bus power, with the ac adapter. I've tried it with and without my computer's charger plugged in... It still keeps happening.
If this issue has already been discussed on the forum please give me the link. Either way, PLEASE HELP!!!

Posté Fri 18 Jan 13 @ 10:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to leave your laptop just with the battery and the VMS4 plugged to USB only.
Do this test, but make sure your battery is fully charged.

There might be an issue with the voltage in the place you work. A device with large power consumption that turns on/off might drop the voltage for a while and this may cause the device to lose connection. Happens quite often with smoke machines and Air Conditions.

the solution is to use a different AC Power circuit (different from the one those machines use), or a UPS.

Posté Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 12:31 am
Ok, I think I solved the problem... but I don't know exactly what fixed it. I rand VDJ with game booster; I turned off the usb selective suspension; I tuned off the wifi. After I made those changes I had no problems, even with the vms4 and the laptop plugged into the power strip. I'm pretty sure that it was the wifi that was the problem.

Posté Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 8:33 pm
hi guys
im having the same problems with my Hercules 4-mx it runs for about 90 mins then loses connection on usb im also running windows 7 64bit
have tried the 4-mx on a windows xp laptop and it runs flawlessly
any help will be much appreciated

Posté Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 4:53 am
Is it plugged into a USB 3.0 port? If so, then these commonly cause issues for many controllers, sound cards, etc. that were designed for USB 2.0

Either plug it into a USB 2.0 port if your laptop has one (USB 3.0 ports are normally coloured blue) or try using a powered USB 2.0 hub and plugging the Hercules into it. This solves USB 3.0 compatibility issues for most users.

Posté Fri 21 Jun 13 @ 11:25 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Please check also if there are any usb power saving features set at the windows system control panel...

greetz
rob

EDIT: Even this question is nearly a month ago...;-)

Posté Thu 11 Jul 13 @ 1:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)