Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Regarding Mapping DDJ ERGO - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

HI All

Im Interested in buying the DDJ Ergo the Black edition

And I was wondering about re-mapping some of the functions (i know how to basic map)
how difficult it is to do it

1-I Dont Use Video Can I Remap the function of it to some other commands
2-The Fx Section can i Remap the knobs (to control more than 1 fx at a time) and would my map work on let say deck 2 and deck 4
No issues

Many Thanks in Advanced

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 2:58 am
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
okay, heres my 2c on this.

ANYTHING can be made to do ANYTHING if your creative enough.

and if you want to do multiple things with a single knob your probably going to want to get familiar with param_greater and param_smaller
also using 'command1 & command2'.

the other thing to get familiar is boolean logic.

once you understand these simple ideas your mapping can be as simple or as complex as you can come up with.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:11 am
UPDATE:

To the upper post

There are two buttons for the Videos function
Can I Use them as SHIFT 1 & 2 to get more control on the software

will programming the other buttons to function with thous Shifts be hard to do ?? on the original mapping
i dont want to re build the mapping from 0

Thanks

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:12 am
once you get your head around it shifts are extremely simple, and you can have as many as you can remember the variable name for.

and as long as you dont need to re define the controller, whgich you shouldnt, then any changes you make to the mapper in VDJ will be added to the stock mappings so that you dont have to redo everything.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:14 am
Thanks technz

I Know everything is possible

the idea is im not that good in that field and it needs alot of time
(i know cuz i once mapped the AKAI APC40 to work with VDJ with leds working)

took me alot of time and reading to do so but i wanted more but i couldn't because the lack of knowledge in the commands and mapping in general .

i love the basic function of the controller it just need some tweaking to make it really crazy for playing on it

Thank U Again
All The Best

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:19 am
as an example
set '$shift1' while_pressed
set '$shift2' while_pressed
set '$shift3' while_pressed

var '$shift1' ? COMMAND1 : var '$shift2' ? COMMAND2 : var '$shift3' ? COMMAND3 : COMMAND

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:19 am
Hmmmm

what about the original SHIFT on the controller
what i read its a hardware Shift (does not have a key)

my shift wouldn't effect it ?

again thanks man

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:23 am
if its a hardware shift, just put the line in each one differently, in the normal one have the 4 commands, and then in the hardware shift one cahnge the final command for whatever you want that shift to be.

if you want to go overboard you can change the other commands on the hardware shift and have 2 layers of shift for a total of 8 different commands available per button, or you can take it a step further and do combo shifts using your own mapped shifts, the possibilities are endless.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:27 am
Nice

Thanks Bro

you made me 95% sure of getting it, is the right choice
not sure 5% because of NAMM 2013 its after 2 days .if there isnt any new controller that will top the ergo
im getting it for sure

Take care

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:34 am
i apologize if i seem a bit over the top about this, but as someone who maps hardware that isn't natively supported, i know the possibilities of customizing mappings, an example is my Kontrol S2 and S4 mappings are standard and behave exactly as you would expect them to, however i am also going to release a custom DJ Techie version of each mapper with personal modifications to make more things possible or change the way things work to either make it easier to do things like manage 4 decks or allow for a more creative experience.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:37 am
also if you ever have any crazy ideas on what you want to be able to do with a mapping, message me and i can help you figure out a way to make your dream a reality.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 3:39 am
trancer_ksa wrote :
UPDATE:

To the upper post

There are two buttons for the Videos function
Can I Use them as SHIFT 1 & 2 to get more control on the software

Those FX buttons are perfect to use as soft SHIFTS. I had to do the same on the ERGO because the default definition does not include all the combinations available for the hardware SHIFT button. For instance, there is no element for SHIFT+LOAD on the default mapper but the controller does have MIDI/HID codes for it.

Posté Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 12:32 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
No HID for ERGO, just MIDI 7 & 14 BITS ;)

Posté Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 7:06 am
Hi All

first of all,
Many thanks to you all
for posting here and for your help

I read what you posted to be honest,
little lost ^_^ and i cant comment and understand more without trying to work on the actual controller

the good thing is that i ordered one and waiting till it arrive.
till then i want to ask some questions that i need you guys to help me with .to speed up the process when i receive it.

kindly Zacek100

Since you have the controller and used the same buttons as SOFT SHIFTs
(U mean soft as in light use) this what i understood .

in the buttons that hold a command let say the HOT CUE 1,2,3,4 it has
by default 2 Actions :

1-Set Hot Cue
2-Del Cue (While pressing the Device Shift)

i want to add like 2 more commands (actions) let say :

3-loop Roll (While pressing "Soft SHIFT 1")
4-Active specific Efx "By the Name like CUT" (While pressing "Soft SHIFT 2")

have you did something similar to that my friend ?
if so, Can you Share that command for making the button do 4 actions

it will help me to use it as a base that i can build on.

and for mapping the buttons or knobs have you had to specify the Deck 1 or 2 or 3 ..4 or just put the command the upper DECK buttons acts as internal Shifts ??

because, (correct me if im wrong) the buttons in the mapper will only Show 1 button with one command (( let say PLAY it only has the command PLAY with out specifying a deck number for it )

hope that what im asking is clear my friend .

And seriously thank you all for your help and info
Best Regards

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 3:28 am
im glad to hear you went ahead with your decision to purchase the DDJ ERGO, some of these examples might provide you with some light reading until it arrives.

VDJ Script Examples

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 3:38 am
Thanks for your support Technz i appreciated it

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 4:41 am
something like this should get you started, just download chackl's amazing rollit plugin. The one issue you will have is the hard shift built into the controller which always get's in the way when you do advanced mapping stuff especially if you use 'repeat'

normal button 1
var 'softShift' ? effect 'rollit' slider 1 100% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 25% & effect 'rollit' active while_pressed : hot_cue 1

hard shifted button 1
var 'softShift' ? effect 1 active while_pressed : delete_cue 1

normal button 2
var 'softShift' ? effect 'rollit' slider 1 100% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 50% & effect 'rollit' active while_pressed : hot_cue 2

hard shifted button 2
var 'softShift' ? effect 2 active while_pressed : delete_cue 2

normal button 3
var 'softShift' ? effect 'rollit' slider 1 100% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 75% & effect 'rollit' active while_pressed : hot_cue 3

hard shifted button 3
var 'softShift' ? effect 3 active while_pressed : delete_cue 3

normal button 4
var 'softShift' ? effect 'rollit' slider 1 100% & effect 'rollit' slider 3 100% & effect 'rollit' active while_pressed : hot_cue 4

hard shifted button 4
var 'softShift' ? effect 4 active while_pressed : delete_cue 4

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 5:51 am
Hmmmm

Thank U for your input
i understood the SoftShift and HardShift term from your post .
and ill try the Effect that you recommended

but just to understand one thing

I should enter the button 2 times ?. one for the hard shift and another for the soft .?

why cant it be just one time? .
as a long command and use the softshift with a number
as to make it Shift3 for example

so it dosnt give a command that will mix up with the original Shift

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 6:20 am
you would need to add the mapping for the two states of the button's. Hard shift means it is built into the hardware and sends different midi messages when shifted, soft shift means it is programmed into the software only. I have never used am ergo or even looked at how it was mapped, so I am only going by what was said earlier in this post.

The issue I have with hard shifts is when you release a button the unit might send a different message than when you pressed it eg

press in button to activate effect while_pressed
press in hard shift
release button and the effect will stay on
release hard shift
press and release button to turn the effect off

that is a simple example. It is much better to do everything in the software as you can account for any variable that might affect the action of your mapping much more easily

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 6:39 am
... by HardShift I mean the controller controlled SHIFT button vs. SoftShift which is the one you program in the software as explained above.

Do you best to keep your mapper simple, avoid mapping techniques that would require you to use more than 1 shift combination at a time. At least at the beginning, once you have it all working, you can start adding a second layer of complexity and see if the controller works as planned.

Here is what I have in the context of HOTCUE1:

<map value="VID_TRANS_ACTIVE" action="toggle '$softSHIFT1' while_pressed" />
<map value="VID_FX_ACTIVE" action="toggle '$softSHIFT2' while_pressed" />
<map value="LED_VID_TRANS_ACTIVE" action="var '$softSHIFT1' ? on" />
<map value="LED_VID_FX_ACTIVE" action="var '$softSHIFT2' ? on" />

<map value="HOT_CUE_1" action="var '$softSHIFT1' ? action_for_softSHIFT1 : var '$softSHIFT2' ? action_for_softSHIFT2 : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="DEL_HOT_CUE_1" action="delete_cue 1" /> <-- This is the hardSHIFT, in order to keep the mapping simple, leave as is.

So now you'll have 3 SHIFT modifiers, hardSHIFT, softSHIFT1 and softSHIFT2. When you assign functions to the diverse buttons on the controller in conjunction with your new softSHIFTs remember to map them to the UNSHIFTED key. A lot of keys (but not all) will be listed 2 times, as in the example above, HOT_CUE_1 and DEL_HOT_CUE_1 is the same physical key/button used without and with the hardSHIFT.

Also, bear in mind that when you press hardSHIFT+F2 you will NOT be activating your softSHIFT1 as the
VID_TRANS_ACTIVE key is now VID_TRANS_SELECT modified by the hardSHIFT. Pretty basic stuff but could confuse at the beginning.

Posté Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 5:14 pm
91%