Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet downloaded effects but wont work

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

arniemCUE userMember since 2009
i have downloaded the same effects to 2 identical laptops running fully licensed identical professional version 7.2 of cue. One laptop installed fine and worked immediately, the other sees them in the effects section but has no parameters against them and they are not selectable. ? I have reinstalled cue - removed all previous entries of it with reg edit and now even reinstalled windows and completely formatted the machine - same results - sees the new effects but can't use them. Has anyone else ever had this problem I am running out of ideas. The effects in question are "Noisebell" and "Looproll" thank you in advance if you can help ?

Posté Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 5:32 pm
I would suggest that the two installations are not exactly the same - otherwise there would be no problem!

Did you see the note at the bottom of the Noisebell download page?

"Always remember to update your system libraries in order to make new effects work, in case they don't"

Check that the files mentioned (Visual C++ & DirectX) are the same as the versions on the working system.

Posté Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 6:47 pm
arniemCUE userMember since 2009
Hi there, thank you for that - I agree they can't be excactly the same but that is what is bugging me - everything I did on them I did together and always ran the updates etc back to back but as you say obviously one of them has missed something. I will follow your advise and double check all my libraries and i will download the direct X updates again and see if it helps, thank you again it is always nice to have an "outside view" - I haven't got much hair left to tear out.

Posté Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 2:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)