Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Controlling Virtual Dj And Ableton

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been doing some reading, and although I like the idea of live performance using Ableton, I much prefer to dj using Virtual Dj. What I have seen, however, is that you can run the audio from Virtual Dj into Ableton using virtual audio cables and add effects and instruments over the Virtual Dj audio. What I want to know is: is it possible to control Virtual Dj with my Mixtrack Pro, run the audio into Ableton, control Ableton with my LPD8? Ideally I'd like to output the audio through the Mixtrack Pro, but I'm not sure if it would work. In this case I'd look into an external audio interface.

So, really, all I want to know is can I control both programs seperately? I'd want to keep Ableton running in the background with some drums and synths mapped to the LPD8, whilst djing normally with the Mixtrack Pro and just pressing the pads on the LPD8 to play a drum without minimising Virtual Dj.

Thanks in advance,

Pete.

Posté Fri 22 Feb 13 @ 12:26 am
Hey Pete, I would love to chat with you man. I'm just about to order Ableton live and will need help integrating it with VDJ 8, RMX2. I am buying the full package with the launchpad.

Posté Wed 27 Mar 13 @ 12:47 pm
pete, as of right now ive been using 2 laptops, one running vdj and the other running ableton. I pretty much do exactly as your wanting, and I think its possible and im going to try it out tomorrow.

its been a while since I've looked at the mixtrack pro, but I think its downside is it doesn't have any RCA inputs, but if it DOES then you can do this.

the mixtrack pro has a built in audio card, so you'll use THAT with VDJ. now it ableton you will select your INTERNAL sound card as the output, then output 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA into the mixtrack pro IF it has an input. if it DOESNT then you'll have to pick up some sort of audio hardware (small mixer) that you can run these into, then output to speakers.

I have a vms4.1 so I can just loop it out of my laptop internal card, RCA back into my midi controller as it is ALSO a stand alone mixer and I can have ableton on 1 of my channels, which is what i'm currently doing but from a separate laptop. the reason I have this separate laptop is also for back up incase my main laptop crashes, I have vdj installed on it and ready to go. or I can just play some tracks off of it until I get my main back up and running.

the way I described I think it actually bypasses the rewire support. and im able to CUE ableton in my headphones for sounds that match what im currently playing before releasing them out into the wild.

hope this info helps out.

Posté Fri 29 Mar 13 @ 12:28 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)