Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet High CPU Usage Virtual Dj 5

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

d4rk0wlHome userMember since 2013
Hi,
First let me state, I am quite aware this is an obsolete version of the software. I am just seeing if anyone has ran into this problem before in their history. The brief back story is I acquired an iBook G4 for free and my friend sold me his v.5 of Virtual Dj for Mac PPC.

When I attempt to run the software I am experiencing high CPU usage. I have been reading this could be in regards to the skins, I have tried every different skin (not maximized) and still to no effect. The specs for the laptop are as follows (to the best of my knowledge):
1.33Ghz Processor
140GB HDD
1GB RAM

I know it would be much simpler to buy a new laptop but money is tight right now. I understand I am going out on a limb with this setup but I figured it would be worth a shot (free is free right).

Thanks in advance,
d4rk0wl

Posté Sun 21 Apr 13 @ 7:50 am
First of all your friend has contravened his licence terms by selling you the software. The licence is non-transferrable.

Keith

Posté Sun 21 Apr 13 @ 11:27 am
As above, you friend has acted illegally by selling you their software. VirtualDJ licenses cannot be transferred, sold or given to anybody else. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Serial%20Transfer.html

Please remove this illegal software from your computer immediately and return it back to its owner (Your friend) and demand your money back. Then purchase the software legitimately: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Mac G4 is obsolete hardware that both we and Apple no-longer support. VirtualDJ v5 is also very old software and we always recommend using the latest version. There have been many improvements, bug fixes, new features, etc. since then (We are now on v7.4)

Purchasing a new computer as soon as you can is strongly recommended. We don't sell VirtualDJ v5 any more, but you should still be able to find and purchase older hardware such as the popular Hercules RMX that comes with VirtualDJ 5 LE (This also entitles you to upgrade to the latest full Pro at a discount when you get a new computer.)

Posté Sun 21 Apr 13 @ 11:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)