Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New to the cracking noises:(

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have never ever had a problem with VDJ pro PC version until the 7.4 upgrade. First gig out there I started to get this cracking noise. Then, a louder crack and total program freeze in the middle of a set. I had not upgraded my back up laptop and used it to finish the night.
This morning, I checked the VDJ settings on both the older version on the backup laptop and the 7.4 version on the primary laptop and they were the same. What is the history of this “cracking sounds” I am not using any kind of controller with the program and have read on these boards about latency issues but do not understand why it never happened in the prior 200 or so gigs. Where do I start?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 9:43 am
HVDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same EXACT problem happened to me. I posted a few before you. I use HC 4500 denon controller and was using ASIO driver 2.0. I installed 2.2 and it happened almost every other song. It would be a quick crack noise and then freeze the program.

I installed Asio driver 1.01 and it worked fine throughout the party. Hopefully that was the fix.

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 10:25 am
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Click on ASIO in the sound setup and reset the sample rate. The upgrade
Reset mine to 256. I set it back to 1024 and all was well.

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 10:38 am
Thanks for both responses, for starters I rolled back to 7.3. and will do some testing later. I do not use any kind of controller so not sure about the asio drivers. Ref the sample rate I was on auto. So i should set to 1024?

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 11:14 am

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 11:36 am
Yes it has, I am back to ver 7.3 and running the latency checker while using VDJ. The green bars do not even get close to crossing the 500us mark. While using 7.4, the bars were spiking yellow and red like crazy. I think I will stay on Ver 7.3 for a while longer. Thanks

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 12:58 pm
This is what I am running it on:
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 Laptop 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor ( 2.2GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
with USB 3.0
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 1GB
8 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
14.0" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768
Integrated 2.0MP Camera
Industry Standard Touchpad
750GB 5400

Sound card GIGAPort AG
This rig is more powerfull than most Desk tops. I was shocked that I had the issue.

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 1:02 pm
The Virtual DJ program has no influence on the latency. I think that it's coincidental to be honest. There must be something else causing the issue.

Keith

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 3:11 pm
"coincidental to be honest" I got booed dude. Booing is an act of showing displeasure for someone or something, generally an entertainer, by loudly yelling boo! (and holding the "oo" sound)

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 4:44 pm
So........you stuck 7.4 on your system and went out with it, without bothering to check if it ran OK at home first?

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 5:45 pm
Yes, just like i did with "ALL AND EVERY OTHER" upgrade. By the way you are not helping. As a 20 year vet in this biz, I have used every pc based DJ program in the world before coming across a bullet-proof product like VDJ. After 200 plus gigs it let me down after upgrading to 7.4.
not to worry though. I re-installed 7.3 and for some strange reason I cannot re-create the issue.

Posté Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 6:09 pm
This issue was only noticed when hooked up through a 10,00 watt pa system. I logged 2 hours of use on 7.4 prior to the gig developing playlist and adding music.

Posté Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 7:58 am
You should never make any major changes to your system (VirtualDJ, Windows updates, etc.) just prior to going to a gig. Always ensure that you have adequate time to be able to test at home after updating for a few hours to make sure that everything is OK and you also have adequate time to revert to a previous version if you encounter any problems.

Also, always ensure that you have a backup system of some sort on stand-by and ready to go if you have any problems. This will allow you to switch over in an emergency and in most cases, the audience won't even notice: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Do%20I%20need%20a%20backup%20system%20on%20stand-by.html

Every VirtualDJ update is tested thoroughly before release, but it's impossible to account for every configuration (There is almost an infinite combination of system components, sound cards, MIDI controllers, etc.) VirtualDJ v7.4 works perfectly for the vast majority of users who have upgraded.

If you only DJ at weekends, then now would be a good time to try upgrading again, allowing you plenty of time to test the new version and also investigate (If necessary what might be causing your problem.)

Please ensure that your computer is optimised for DJ performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Keeping the previous version is also recommend to allow you to revert to it if necessary. You can simply rename the executable file in C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ and make a shortcut to it before installing the new version, e.g: virtualdj_pro.exe -> virtualdj_pro_v730.exe - You will then be able to switch to the older version immediately without having to re-install it.

Posté Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 11:33 am
Thanks teamer.

Posté Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 12:31 pm
For the last 4 months I've been having a very annoying problem!!!! I am running virtual dj with a numark idj3 and after about 30 mins of playing music I get a slight distortion through my speakers and my headphones and if i let it keep playing it will get louder and louder. The only way it will stop is if I shutdown my laptop and bring it back up. someone plz advise!!!!!

Posté Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 7:58 pm
Same Problem to me as Stepmond described...

Since atomix v2 I´m using this excellent prog and I´v never had these cracking sound problem before!
I´ve changed my old controller with a xone 4d. After several configuration and latency issues (I´ve been experiencing since then: unsolved) I also recognized this distortion sound, which is getting more and more heavy. Only option I´ve found yet is a VDJ restart..

All in all it is not possible to work with VDJ, maybe even since updated to VDJ pro v.7.4, but I can´t say that for sure.

Show must go on....no one an idea??

Posté Thu 02 May 13 @ 4:00 pm
@ Teamer,

How do I re-install the old version VDJ 7.3? I already installed the new version 7.4. I also got booed during a graduation party and wasnt happy at all. I ended up using my ipod to finish up the night due to cracking noise.

Posté Wed 29 May 13 @ 1:37 pm
You can simply re-install it over the top of v7.4 - If you don't have the installation file any more, you can contact support to request it: http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

However, crackling is usually due to performance issues with your computer, so this may not actually help. You should first check that your computer is optimised for DJ performance and it has no latency issues: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

IMPORTANT: You should never upgrade or make major changes to your software and/or computer just prior to going to a gig. Always wait until you have plenty of time to be able to fully test the upgrade after installation as well as allowing sufficient time to revert should you encounter any problems that you can't resolve.

Posté Wed 29 May 13 @ 3:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)