Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HID for KONTROL S4?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I noticed theres a HID mapper for the NI KONTROL S2, but I dont see one for the S4. Is there one available?

Posté Thu 02 May 13 @ 2:13 am
The MIDI Implemantation of the S4 is unusable. the Jogwheels send about 64 impulses on 1 turn (or 128 ? anyway).

A normal MIDI Jog sends about 3500 pulses on 1 turn. So the MIDI Implementation of the S4 sucks.

Greets,
Phillip

Posté Thu 02 May 13 @ 2:32 am
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJ Philibert wrote :
The MIDI Implemantation of the S4 is unusable. the Jogwheels send about 64 impulses on 1 turn (or 128 ? anyway).

A normal MIDI Jog sends about 3500 pulses on 1 turn. So the MIDI Implementation of the S4 sucks.

Greets,
Phillip

you obviously havent done very much work with the S4, the jog wheels can be modified to send a higher amount of MIDI ticks.

RFINGERS wrote :
I noticed theres a HID mapper for the NI KONTROL S2, but I dont see one for the S4. Is there one available?

unfortunately the S4 doesnt send any HID, only NHL so until i can find a way to extract the raw data from the NHL, we are stuck with MIDI

Posté Thu 02 May 13 @ 4:23 pm
Could you please explain how you changed this value ? s it possible to get 3500 pulses like with every other MIDI controller, too ?

Greets,
Phillip

Posté Fri 03 May 13 @ 12:24 am
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
if i remember correctly you can modify the ncc file to set the mapper to report more ticks

Posté Fri 03 May 13 @ 12:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)