Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ASIO Driver Error - Again !

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok I using a Pioneer Ergo K and VDJ Pro 7.4

last week I spent nearly two days trying to resolve why I kept getting the 'ASIO Error in your soundcard message ...' and eventually got it to work - so today I plugged in my Ergo (in the same USB slot which has not had anything else plugged into it since) opened up VDJ and guess what the Error message has come back and I haven't changed anything on the PC since last week.

Anyone have any ideas now on what is going on? I'm getting to the point of throwing the bloody controller out of the window !!

Thanks for any advice offered.

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 5:10 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Do you use these settings?
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DDJ-ERGO.html

Please check also Pioneer side for the latest driver & "firmware".

Also i would advice you to connect first the controller with your computer, switch on the controller and then start VDJ.

Hope this help :-)

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 5:36 am
Hi Many thanks for your reply - I've rebooted my system and now its working again - Obviously I'm smiling again ! but I really need to try and work out why this keeps happening. I changed nothing on my PC, nothing on VDJ and nothing on the Ergo. The USB cable is fine (I've tested it!) Drivers & firmware are all up to date as is the PC. and the setup is done how you mentioned it. USB in, Ergo On, VDJ opened..

Maybe its just one of those things and I've just got to put up with it but to be honest you would think that all this would be a bit more stable !

Thanks again for your reply though - Paul

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 6:27 am
When using an external audio interface (which is what you're doing by using the Ergo for output) you do need to make sure the device is connected to the computer and has had time to boot and load fully before running any software which has been configured to use it.

If VDJ has been set to use the Ergo as an ASIO output and the Ergo isn't 100% up and running when you start VDJ, then you'll get an error because VDJ can't find the ASIO interface.

If you're aware of that already and allowing enough time between ergo and VDJ startup, then perhaps it's related to USB power.

Are you using a USB 3 socket? They're notorious for causing problems with USB 2 devices.

Maybe it's that particular USB socket. You could try uninstalling the driver and reinstall on another socket (dunno how many you have).

It might be worth trying a powered USB 2 hub to run the Ergo from. That usually solves USB 3 issues (if applicable) and may help provide a bit more juice for the Ergo.

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 6:43 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a couple things/tips to add ...
1. Stay away from Vista (if that is your Operating System). I hope its not, but just in case.
2. Make sure the USB Sound Interface (in this case the Ergo Sound card), is NOT the default Sound card of your computer. Connect the Ergo, open the Playback Devices of the Windows Sound Mixer and select the on board sound card of your computer as the default on.

Posté Fri 07 Jun 13 @ 7:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)