Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Anyone with VMS 4.1 and Windows 8?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i'm having an odd issue right now, everything seems to be running smooth, except the left jog wheel stutters and skips, almost as if it is dirty or something? but I notice when I turn "vinyl mode" off ie I press the disengage the vinyl button, the track doesn't skip. so i'm able to get by for the rest of the night, does anyone know why it would be doing this, or a fix for it?

thanks in advance

Posté Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 11:17 pm
then I had an issue where the left deck (same deck with issues) pitch got stuck, and the song was fast, for whatever reason, then it wouldn't go back, then all of a sudden it just dropped back down to normal, not sure wtf is happening. I might need to go back to windows 7, I never had any issues with windows 7

Posté Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 1:49 am
after reading the VMS forums i'm going to try a new USB cable and report back. i HIGHLY doubt this is a VDJ issue, it feels like hardware, could be hardware communication.

does anyone have a suggestion for an extremely high quality and reliable USB cable? i'd like to keep it under $50 usd

thanks guys

Posté Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 9:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I doubt that a new USB cable will make any difference, since the VMS4 has its own Power Supply. Most likely you are using a USB 3.0 port (blue one), and several units have issues with them. If that is the case, and your computer has no USB 2.0 ports, consider purchasing a powered USB 2.0 hub

Posté Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 10:29 pm
my laptop has 2 usb 3.0 ports and 2 usb 2.0 ports, I always use 2.0 with the VMS 4.1, even prior to Windows 8 (ie Windows 7). I also noticed the music skipping and stuttering when I unhooked the AC power, I checked my power settings and I have it set to "High Performance". is there any options people recommend to insure my USB ports are getting their max power?

Posté Sun 30 Jun 13 @ 10:43 pm

Posté Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 1:29 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't know how it behaves in the USA with your 110V.
But here in Germany people report, that their VMS driver "could" crash if they plug the vms next to high power consuming devices like fog maschines or lights. If that happens the VMS behaves "strange" or even doesn't respond to midi signals at all.

So make sure you run your VMS/ Laptop on an own circuit.
I don't think its a OS issue, because I never had any problems with Win 8.

Posté Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 3:42 am
with me working 12 hour shifts past few days i haven't had time to do any testing, but i've already ordered a new USB cable (just for my own peace of mind) and redownloaded the AA VMS 4.1 ASIO Drivers. Before i single out the drivers, usb cable, or power cable, i'm going to run off the other USB 2.0 port, then go down the line til i can pinpoint the issue. Hopefully i can help others if they run into any issues

i'll admit, i had my doubts it was an OS issue, but the only thing i could assume is it had something to do with Windows 8 only because i hadn't changed anything in my hardware setup OTHER than upgrading to Windows 8 Pro. Thats where i quickly jumped to conclusions. i DID make a complete backup on a seperate harddrive so i could always pop that back in as a test aswell.

i almost feel it has something to do with either USB power or data communication between hardware. i'll be running my tests tonight when i get off work and see what i can come up with.

cheers

Posté Mon 01 Jul 13 @ 7:33 am
SecretSteven,
What was the results of your tests?
I also have a VMS 4.1 & have been considering a new laptop with Windows 8.

Thanks!

Posté Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 7:31 pm
Ok, so I normally run 2 to 3 controllers via USB when I play, normally just 2, and 2 is what I was using the night I was having issues. I hooked everything back up exactly how I had it and I was having the same issues, I then hooked up JUST the VMS 4.1 also with that skipping/stuttering issue... so I was thinking and thinking... and I remembered (and I feel like a fool) I plum forgot that I was running a modded bios version for my laptop to get more performance from my Seagate hybrid drive (which did nothing for my drive, that I could notice btw) boom, reflashed the latest STOCK bios update, reboot, hooked everything back up per usual... tada! that was it... so I apologize to ANYONE I may have came off hurtful with including and not limited to : everyone that has replied to or read this topic/post, Atomix, Microsoft, and American Audio (i'll even throw DJ TechTools in there, since for 1 second I had a thought maybe there was a conflict between controllers and USB usage).

*As this issue was obviously my own fault* (leave your bios firmware alone)

But with that said, i DO like that fancy USB cable i bought, it wasn't "too" expensive, i went with the Oyaide Neo d+ class B. I already have 2 Midi Fighters, so as someone suggested "DJ Tech Tools cable" i already own 2 and yes they ARE good cables. I went with the d+ for just a few key factors... 1) different color from my other cables, djtt uses blue, 3.0 external drive is black, now VMS 4.1 runs green. 2) length options, 3 foot (1 meter) was the shortest i could find, probably only need 1.5 - 2 foot tops. 3) the specs on its quality used components and reviews seemed to be good factors into swinging my purchase. And after seeing/feeling the cable, it DOES seem pretty beefy and of high quality, how much of a difference (if any) i don't know, but like i said prior (peace of mind).

thank you everyone
-cheers

Posté Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 9:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)