Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hard disk drive format help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djcrs1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I had a question I was wondering what everyone formats there hard drive that contains there music and karaoke to,i am currently using a mac and there are a few formats. mac osx journaled,ms dos fat and a exfat. I have some Karaoke and some music and i appreciate any advice and would like to know what has worked for you.Thanks again

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 9:33 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
do you need to share your library with pc platform?

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 10:13 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I use exFat for each of my external harddrives.

Because of that i can use them while use Windows and Mac computers :-P

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 1:07 pm
I use Fat32 for my external media hard drives. None of the files are lager than 4gig and I can use them with Windows and Mac.

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 2:20 pm
moramax wrote :
do you need to share your library with pc platform?
Thanks for all the help with my hard drive question,i really dont need to use with windows because all my work is done with my mac

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 3:54 pm
I want to use the most secure format,i was using mac osx journaled and while copying files to that drive for some reason i got an error that the file i was copying could not be copied,i then used another drive to copy the music file and it copied no problem so this led me to believe that the hdd was corrupted,i then tried in mac to repair and it said it did repair the drive but still had no luck copying the file. Any ideas?

Posté Thu 18 Jul 13 @ 3:59 pm
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
if you don't need to share your hard disk with pc platform i suggest to format using mac os extended (journaled).

Quote :
I want to use the most secure format,i was using mac osx journaled and while copying files to that drive for some reason i got an error that the file i was copying could not be copied,i then used another drive to copy the music file and it copied no problem so this led me to believe that the hdd was corrupted,i then tried in mac to repair and it said it did repair the drive but still had no luck copying the file. Any ideas?

the mac os extended (journaled) shold be the most secure format. i think that your problem was caused of restrictions of permissions.

Posté Sat 20 Jul 13 @ 6:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)