Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Ability to reset the download off the updates page.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Perhaps a button on the updates page to reset the download status, for those (like myself) who have occasional time outs or connection drops and are unable to get the full download of a new update, so they can continue to get the update without having to bug customer support for it. Just an idea.

Regards,

Redman247

Posté Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 9:32 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is for security I think.
So, if you are able to download as often as you want, it may change this security level.
but... I may be wrong.

Posté Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 9:54 pm
If this option is only available to regestered users, that may satisfy the security requirement. If it is to prevent people from distrubiting multiple copies of the software, it would seem like a redundant feature, as if one was to be stupid enough to do so they would only need the one copy anyhow as opposed to continous access to the updates page for the same file. Besides like I mentioned earlier it would be for registered users, whom I would like to believe would not be stupid enough to pay full price for the software just to give it away free to everyone else.

Regards,

Redman247

Posté Wed 17 Sep 03 @ 10:04 pm
Ok, but imagine a hacker (or anyone) who finds your nickname, your login and your serial number in your computer.

You give to him an unlimited access to your account and to all new upgrade…You want to take a chance for the team closing your account?

Coyote

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 12:20 am
I see what you are saying, but if they have access to your system, wouldn't they also have access to your allready updated VDJ? (And all previous patches) So really that becomes a moot point.

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 8:17 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
This won't be changed for internal and security reasons.

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 10:19 am
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 2:03 pm
I will try that! thanks

Posté Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 7:29 pm
@ WirelessDJ ??? What are you talking about?

Posté Fri 19 Sep 03 @ 8:13 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)